Mgr., Environmental Sustainability (I)
- Bohemia, NY
- Shift: 1
For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Manager of Environment Sustainability will provide program oversight and guidance on all environmental aspects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent company to Local, State and Federal authorities on environmental matters.
- Develop and execute formal processes for environmental tracking and compliance matters, including the use of a Regulatory Calendar.
- Update, develop and deploy environmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage the environmental capital budget.
- Lead significant environmental projects (i.e. environmental capital projects >$50K)
- Work with external consultants as necessary to support environmental compliance.
- Develop a sustainability vision stream by plant to identify energy and waste reduction opportunities.
- Lead the report out to our customers for sustainability and energy surveys.
- Create Reports and communicate to leadership each plant’s environmental status.
- Investigate environmental issues in the plants as necessary.
- 5+ years of environment sustainability experience managing in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- B.S. Degree
- Membership within related associations for environmental engineers, i.e. American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists (AAEES), American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Water Environment Federation (WEF), Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA) and American Public Health Association (APHA) a strong plus
- Knowledgeable of Enivronmental Health & Safety disciplines, sciences and regulations
- Ability to assess potential risks and to quickly identify appropriate corrective actions
- A good understanding of business operations (business acumen) including project management skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with strong influencing and leadership skills
- Able to manage multiple sites with diverse issues and requirements
- Ability to energize others to work toward the achievement of organizational goals and objectives
- Strong change management skills
- Must be proficient with computer programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto Analysis, statistical process control, multivariant Design of Experiments (DoE), etc.)
- AS400 knowledge desireable
- Knowledge of regulatory and the "good practice" quality guidelines and regulations (GXP) compliance requirements, such as regulation 21 CFR part 111 (Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) In Manufacturing, Packaging, Labeling, Or Holding Operations For Dietary Supplements), Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC) preferred
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) practitioner/Food Safety System Certification (FSSC)/BRC Global Standard for Food Safety (British Retail Consortium)/International Organization for Standardization (ISO) experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of management
- Solid attention to detail to maintain audit records and audit reports
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- This position will work primarily in an office environment, but must be able to operate and navigate within internal and external plant environments
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans,voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Military candidates encouraged to apply.
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.