PR Senior Account Executive
- 325 N LaSalle Dr, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Motion is a multi-disciplined, creative-communications agency – wall-to-wall with talented technicians, cutting-edge creative thinkers and strategic storytellers. We all move in concert with one unifying goal: Create extraordinary moments that move people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Account Executive to join our PR team!
· Develop concise pitches, strategic press releases, and succinct internal and client-facing emails
· Generate consistent results for clients, both on a local and national level
· Have ability to develop long-term relationships with reporters, producers, bloggers, etc.
· Showcase strong knowledge of the media landscape, staying abreast of new outlets and contacts, sharing this information with colleagues
· Display understanding of story ideas that resonate with media, suggesting new pitch angles with colleagues that relate directly to clients and/or current headlines
· Handle in-person media events, including assisting in planning, organizing, and overseeing events on-site
· Serve as a primary client contact, occasionally taking the account lead role, while honing client communication skills in order to receive relevant and timely information, facilitate meetings and updates, lead calls, and set and manage expectations and goals for the accounts
· Delegate assignments to colleagues, evenly distributing assignments and keeping track of internal and external deadlines
· Act as a primary contact for outside vendors
· Lead creation of client-facing materials, including regular status updates, recap reports, etc.
· Maintain out of pocket expense trackers, assuring projects are staying on-budget
· Offer assistance to outside accounts during down times or when others need additional help
· Participate in new business presentations both in-person and via phone
· Serve as a mentor for junior staff, providing clear and actionable career guidance
· Provide feedback to colleagues, clearly communicating areas for improvement and offering honest, clear guidance that will assist in their career development
· Foster a positive work environment for all staff members
· Openly share ideas and strategy with senior staff members to encourage continued agency growth and employee development
· Gain strong understanding of all the agency’s offerings and departments; be able to articulate Motion’s array of services to existing clients or during new business opportunities
· Understand and exemplify agency vision and core values
· 3 - 4 years of public relations skills preferably in an agency environment
· Experience managing junior staff members
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong account management, media relations and new business development skills
PLEASE ATTACH RESUME!
Only candidates currently residing in the Chicagoland area will be considered.
Motion promotes an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Motion brand.