- Los Banos, CA, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing over 35% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 400 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales of about $1 billion. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management. Our company is operated by colleagues without a formal hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each Colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on competency, integrity, effort, persistence and data-based, reasoned persuasiveness. We communicate this position in commonly used terms only for a better understanding of the talents desired.
To ensure a continuous supply of clean, uninterrupted power to energize operating equipment within a facility.
Perform, guide or direct, with fellow colleagues and/or with contractors, all predictive, preventive and responsive maintenance on all plant electrical devices, including but not limited to the following:
- Motor Control Centers (MCC)
- Electrical Mains
- Generator Panels and Generators
- Electric Motors (amperage readings during operations)
- Backup Diesel Generator
- All Factory Lighting
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)-programming and troubleshooting
- Ethernet Communication Network
- Automatic Transfer Switches and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Local Disconnects
- Motors and Motor/Gearboxes (troubleshoot and replace bearings).
- Provide electrical connectivity to all new equipment.
- Proactively drive capital projects from the electrical perspective.
- Assemble and install all conduit, outlets, panels, junction boxes and perform all necessary wiring and to direct construction and repair of electronic motors.
- Perform or direct others in performing all tasks of an electrical nature necessary to test, calibrate, repair, rebuild, maintain, modify or install electrical equipment.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Thorough understanding of electrical equipment function, high and low voltages, electrical theory, power generation, switchgear maintenance, paralleling procedures and Ethernet communication network
- Able to directly work with and repair electrical systems and electrical system interfaces with plant equipment.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills.
- Versed in lock-out/tag-out procedures and possess a strong safety orientation and record.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Able to read and understand bills of material, blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Adhere to all equipment specifications and technical manual instructions.
- Versed in all electrical test equipment and capable of using test equipment to diagnose or troubleshoot all electrical systems and instruments.
- Strong persuasive leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed to achieve objectives without supervision.
- Ability to coordinate tasks with others through personal initiative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.