General Office Administration for Libertarian Foundation
- Sacramento, CA, USA
The Advocates for Self-Government’s is a 35-year-old organization, best known for the "World's Smallest Political Quiz." Our Mission is to equip people to understand, embrace, and advocate the social values of Self-Government. In fact, libertarians (even in other organizations) use our products, programs and services to make their outreach and educational efforts more effective.
“The Advocates has made invaluable contributions to the freedom cause. For over twenty years, the Advocates has worked tirelessly to help libertarians better communicate the ideas of liberty. I continue to be impressed by the Advocates’ work.” – Congressman Ron Paul
Both The Advocates and the Foundation for Harmony and Prosperity work out of the offices of The Morning Star Company, at its Sacramento offices.
The Morning Star Company is the largest independent producer of bulk tomato ingredient products (tomato paste and diced tomatoes) in the world. Its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing over 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, harvesting and trucking operations, with employment of approximately 500 year-round and 2,500 seasonal colleagues with annual sales of about $1 billion.
The company is known for its innovation and integrity. It's unique Mission-Focused Self-Management system attracts self-starters who crave the liberty to flourish in their work. Morning Star Self-Management has been the subject of books and many reviews, including pieces in Forbes and Harvard Business Review.
The Mission and Position
This colleague’s MISSION is to (1) be an administrative and clerical resource for all colleagues working in our Downtown Sacramento location, including some light reception responsibilities, and (2) ensure that all company contractual commitments are tracked, monitored and communicated to appropriate Colleagues. A paralegal or legal secretary experience would be a plus in this role.
We envision an experienced paralegal or legal secretary as the ideal candidate for this role.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities
Contract Administration for Morning Star Co.
* Organize, maintain and track internal colleague commitments.
* Organize, maintain and track material legal commitments in conjunction with appropriate colleagues.
* Organize contracts, particular legal and regulatory documents and company legal documents (Secretary of State forms, minutes, resolutions, etc.).
* Establish internal and external relationships to maintain personal awareness of commitments and key dates, and notify other colleagues of such and track their timely execution.
* In addition to notification, “encourage” others to see that the commitments are kept. Use tact where productive, but persist using all available means, within the bounds of civil principles, to accomplish your mission.
General Office Administration for Advocates for Self-Government and Morning Star Co
* Receive guests in our office and ensure that their visits with us are successful.
* Handle office correspondence.
* Ensure the office is organized and office colleagues have ready access to resources needed in order for them to accomplish their Missions.
* Answer the telephone.
* Manage office building relationships.
* Assist fellow colleagues with documents, research and meetings, etc. to advance their Missions.
* Monitor e-commerce store; process, package, and mail purchases.
* Manage inventory and orders of office supplies and store products.
The successful candidate should be familiar with legal documents, understand business entity legal structure, and have competent computer and software skills. The candidate should also have reasonable experience in commercial organizations - or be smart and intent enough to quickly learn. Additional key personal characteristics include integrity, conscientious, decisiveness, and self-confidence.
This position will never be boring. We're seeking a self-manager - someone who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues (instead of waiting for orders), who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions and work independently.
We desire an individual willing to engage other colleagues to get things done. This individual must be willing and able to take initiative to accomplish their mission by gaining the support and help of others through intelligent persuasion and persistence.
Compensation will be competitive, commensurate with specific experience and relevant credentials.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.