Contract Administrator/General Administration
- Sacramento, CA, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing over 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, harvesting and trucking operations, with employment of approximately 500 year-round and 2,500 seasonal colleagues with annual sales of about $1 billion. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
The Morning Star Company is the largest independent producer of bulk tomato ingredient products (tomato paste and diced tomatoes) in the world. We also produce tomato products and specialty sauces in cans and pouches for customers in the retail and food service markets. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management. Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness.
The Mission and Position
We envision an experienced paralegal or legal secretary as the ideal candidate for this role.
This colleague’s Mission will be (1) ensure that all company contractual commitments are tracked, monitored and met, and (2) be an administrative resource for all colleagues working in our Downtown Sacramento location, including some very light reception responsibilities.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities
- Organize, maintain and track material legal commitments in conjunction with appropriate colleagues.
- Organize contracts, particular legal and regulatory documents and company legal documents (Secretary of State forms, minutes, resolutions, etc.).
- Organize, maintain and track internal colleague commitments.
- Establish internal and external relationships to maintain personal awareness of commitments and key dates, and notify other colleagues of such and track their timely execution.
- In addition to notification, “encourage” others to see that the commitments are kept. Use tact where productive, but persist using all available means, within the bounds of civil principles, to accomplish your mission.
- Receive guests in our office and ensure that their visits with us are successful.
- Handle office correspondence.
- Ensure the office is organized and office colleagues have ready access to resources needed in order for them to accomplish their Missions.
- Answer the telephone.
- Manage office building relationships.
- Assist fellow colleagues with documents, research and meetings, etc. to advance their Missions.
- Monitor e-commerce store; process, package, and mail purchases.
- Manage inventory and orders of office supplies and store products.
The successful candidate would likely have a meaningful education in Mission related disciplines, be familiar with legal documents, understand business entity legal structure, have competent computer and software skills and have reasonable experience in commercial organizations—or be smart and intent enough to quickly learn. Additional key personal characteristics will be impeccable integrity, conscientious, decisive and self-confident. We desire an individual willing to engage other colleagues to get things done. This individual must be willing and able to take initiative to accomplish their mission by gaining the support and help of others through intelligent persuasion and persistence.
This position is for a person who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions and work independently. Compensation will be competitive, commensurate with specific experience and relevant credentials.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.