Customer Account Coordinator
- Los Banos, CA, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing 35% to 40% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million.
The Morning Star Company is the largest independent producer of bulk tomato ingredient products (tomato paste and diced tomatoes) in the world. We also produce tomato products and specialty sauces in cans and pouches for customers in the retail and food service markets. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management (more at: self-managmentinstitute.org). Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. As we continue to grow, and while we communicate this position in commonly used terms, we intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and Mission-Focused Self-Management.
The mission of this colleague is “to ensure the long-term success of the enterprise through support of the specialty ingredient sales business unit, providing impeccable service resulting in accurate and timely shipments of product, processing of invoices as well as the tracking, reporting and coordination of business unit stepping-stones that result in overall excellent customer satisfaction.”
Additionally, while working in a fast-paced environment the colleague will be responsible for identifying and prospecting new business, mining and analyzing market factors with the intent to understand the market and establish relationships that lead to the option to sell.
The specialty ingredient sales business unit’s mission is “to be a full service tomato ingredient supplier providing unequivocally superior services and supply-chain solution to specialty, and geographically unique customers.” The selected colleague will need to work in conjunction with sales, marketing, transportation and logistics as well as be able to work effectively independently.
- Receiving, entering and tracking customer orders.
- Traffic coordination for customer accounts.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Follow and reconcile customer contract commitments on a regular basis to ensure compliance with agreed upon shipping periods.
- Ensure product is allocated accurately
- Communicate with sales, distribution and accounting colleagues as well as customers on orders then follow up as needed.
- Compile, maintain, process and prepare a variety of records and reports.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Methods and techniques for conflict resolution
- Fluent in English; effective written and verbal communication
- Enjoys customer interaction
- Quick learner
- Strong work ethic
- Adapts to change quickly
- Works well under pressure
- Honest, forthright and trustworthy - not political
- Persistent in getting results, but patient
- Must be able to thrive in an active, fast-paced environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.