- Los Banos, CA, USA
About the Company
Nestled in the golden California foothills, this landmark’s convenient location serves as the perfect stopping point for travelers heading anywhere from Washington, Oregon, San Francisco, Northern CA to Los Angeles, San Diego and Yosemite National Park to Monterey and Santa Cruz.
Today, Hotel Mission de Oro has transformed into a full-service hotel, offering a pleasant retreat in a secluded sanctuary. We have 162 guest rooms, including 93 superior mission-style rooms, and 10 separate meeting and event rooms totaling 17,000 square feet, with the capability of accommodating a total of over 1,000 people. We offer organizations a training facility where members will find a pleasant retreat for their meetings, including first-class fitness facilities, restaurant, bar/lounge, wine museum, and walking grounds on 20 acres.
Since the hotel came under new ownership in 2015, a total renovation has aimed to outfit the hotel with exceptional amenities and conveniences, while retaining its original vibrancy and historical significance.
Colleague Mission: To provide unparalleled hospitality to all guests, while achieving optimum efficiency and economy of operations for our higher-end, full-service hotel. Work to achieve the full potential of the Property, with a balanced focus on people, product and profit.
- Provide operating capability and leadership for all HMDO activities and colleagues: reception, housekeeping, buildings and grounds, restaurant and bar, marketing, sales, etc.
- Drive hiring and selection efforts for all roles, ensuring the candidates meet job requirements.
- Develop and implement performance Steppingstones, which includes appropriate feedback systems whereby everyone may objectively appraise their own performance and improvement.
- Practice and promote our system of Mission Focused Management, leading by developing a followership, rather than by command authority.
- Work with Sales Colleagues to understand our market and customers and to represent the Hotel in civic organizations, business and industry groups, and local government.
- Establish the source of business available to the Hotel and establish priority and sales opportunities in the development of that business.
- Accept total responsibility and accountability for Hotel Mission de Oro’s performance.
- Develop clearly defined annual objectives that reflect significant improvement throughout the operation, which represent a high level of fiscal integrity, and which are supportive of the overall mission.
- Develop a comprehensive annual marketing plan that focuses on specific results and which includes thorough action plans and budgeted costs associated with their implementation.
- Prepare a comprehensive annual operating profit plan, for all departments.
- Monitor performance and improvement on an on-going basis to determine the effectiveness of implementation strategies. Function as a facilitator of ideas and action plans and as a leader and coach of departments and to individual performance. Provide a pro-active rather than a reactive perspective to the on- going operation of the Hotel.
- Operate the property with the integrity and commitment that will result in its continued growth and increased profitability.
- Accept responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of the guests and the colleagues of the hotel.
- Accountable for all personnel actions, assets, and personal property and the results of their use.
- Work with key colleagues to develop clearly defined divisional objectives which focus on significant improvement and which are in harmony with and supportive of the overall mission of the hotel.
- Develop job descriptions to ensure clarity of the Mission of the role, and the tasks performed in achieving job responsibilities.
- Develop within the limits of established policies and operating procedures the philosophy of decentralized decision making with delegated authority to effect improvement. Encourage participative management and group decisions to ensure interest and best possible results.
- Implement development and training programs in all departments to produce in-depth qualified personnel, and to prepare for vacancies. Support all colleagues in the achievement of their training and development objectives.
- Schedule regular meetings with colleagues to ensure dissemination of the basic company philosophies and policies throughout the company.
- Ensure that guest feedbackis properly used to better meet the needs and expectations of hotel guests.
- Ensure colleague exit interviews are held; review monthly departmental colleague turnover records and take necessary action.
- Review, with the Controller, pricing policies and strategies on a routine basis.
- Ensure procedures for fire, riot, bomb threat, cash guest security and other emergency situations are to be written and distributed to all employees.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical and exemplary manner that encourages like manners and conduct.
- Represent the interests of the Hotel and of its colleagues in a fair, impartial and equitable manner.
- Convey clear instructions, guidance with proper intent to achieve a unity of purpose. Establish working relationships that will attain a high level of morale.
To perform this job successfully, incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty with the utmost competency, integrity, and professionalism.
*Education/Experience:Relevant education or experience in hospitality or business is appreciated, but not necessary. The successful candidate will have a burning desire to learn the business inside and out, and be willing to take on a high degree of responsibility to make the operation a success.
*Language Skills: Position requires excellent spoken and written English communications skills including: the ability to read, analyze, and interpret hospitality industry journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to ownership, public groups, and potential clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.