Logistics Coordinator (Seasonal)
- Los Banos, CA, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing 25% to 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, farming, harvesting, and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission Focused Management. Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. As we continue to grow, and while we communicate this position in commonly used terms, we intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and Mission Focused Management.
We are seeking a seasonal Logistics Coordinator to manage the communications and logistics required to transport our product (tomato pomace) during the tomato harvesting season. The ideal candidate will directly and actively operate all aspects of our product’s process flow, communicate with relevant colleagues and entities, and identify and resolve any issues that may arise. The candidate will be required to be on call and remain flexible with scheduling, as we run 24/7 during harvest. The position is based in Los Banos, CA and will require travel within the area.
- The ideal candidate will be driven and have a sense of urgency and ownership for their Mission.
- Experience in a related field is preferred, such as in trucking, logistics, agriculture, mechanical, factory, or general operations.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills.
- A creative approach to problem solving.
- A Class A license would be welcome but not required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus but not required.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, which includes but is not limited to: noise, changing and extreme temperatures indoors and out, lifting up to 50 lb., standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment, constant truck and forklift traffic.
- Ability to wear PPE (provided) and clothing suitable for the work environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.