Corporate Hotel Sales Manager
- Los Banos, CA, USA
Hotel Mission de Oro has transformed into a full-service hotel, offering a pleasant retreat in a secluded sanctuary. We have 162 guest rooms, including 93 superior mission-style rooms, and 10 separate meeting and event rooms totaling 17,000 square feet, with the capability of accommodating a total of over 1,000 people. We offer organizations a training facility where members will find a pleasant retreat for their meetings.
Since the hotel came under new ownership in 2015, a total renovation has aimed to outfit the hotel with exceptional amenities and conveniences, while retaining its original vibrancy and historical significance. We welcome you to enjoy our new family-friendly upscale casual restaurant, fantastic sports lounge, pool and fitness center, and brand new wine museum showcasing the missionaries’ roles as the first to bring grapes and wine to California.
Exciting future developments are expected to include the renovation of the courtyard into a garden atmosphere, a San Joaquin Valley agriculture and food processing historical center, and a fine dining restaurant.
Whether you are new to the hospitality industry, or an experienced veteran, we hope you will be our next great colleague. Hotel Mission de Oro offers a full suite of services to our guests, so we have opportunities in guest services, administration, sales, and food and beverage.
Corporate Sales will work closely with other colleagues in Sales, Operations, and Food/Bev. This colleague’s Mission is to steadily advance the reputation and commercial activity of Hotel Mission de Oro through marketing and sales efforts, and by providing all prospective customers with award-winning service. Specific activities will include:
- Assist in developing marketing plan and sales budget.
- Provides sales training to hotel colleagues where appropriate.
- Execute a comprehensive sales plan for assigned market segments, including SMERF, Corporate, Leisure, Groups, Tour and Travel, and E-commerce.
- Schedules sales appointments.
- Conduct cold calls regularly.
- Organize, maintain, and track sales data.
- Make outside sales calls.
- Participate in joint sales calls with the other colleagues.
- Network with prospects to uncover other decision makers.
- Establish and maintain close contact with target accounts through phone calls, appointments, tours, written correspondence, and entertainment. Assess future and current needs of the client.
- Complete weekly and monthly sales call reports.
- Build and maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients and local community.
- Qualify leads and prospects gained from prospecting, cold calls, sales blitzes, and other lead sources.
- Assist with making sales environment conducive to learning. Participate in associate functions, client and guest events, and community events.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.