Accounting & Administrative Support
- Williams, CA 95987, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing 25% to 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, farming, harvesting, and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission Focused Management. Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. As we continue to grow, and while we communicate this position in commonly used terms, we intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and Mission Focused Management.
We are seeking an Accounting & Administrative Support colleague to provide financial documentation and administrative support in a start-up environment. The position is located at Williams Packing Company but could be based out of Woodland, CA if needed.
- Accurately maintain and process accounts payable and accounts receivable for all business processes.
- Develop and maintain process reporting, including AP/AR aging, movement, and inventory.
- Provide operational and financial analysis as needed.
- Proactively communicate financial status and findings to relevant colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be able to think outside the box and take the initiative to learn and develop processes to improve the financial organization of a rapidly growing company. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment while maintaining Mission-focused initiative.
- Intermediate skills in Excel: knowledge of pivot tables and V-look ups preferred.
- College degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred. Minimum coursework in financial and managerial accounting required, and/or relevant work experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.