Seasonal Office Positions - Dispatch and Receiver
- Los Banos, CA, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing 25% to 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million.
Dispatchers and Receivers are key to the success of our operation, balancing the activities of our field personnel and ensuring the accuracy and traceability of incoming loads of tomatoes into our processing facilities.
- Maximize utility of driver hours, trucks and other trucking related resources while making adjustments accordingly in real time.
- Monitor accuracy of load intervals per location while dispatching drivers accordingly.
- Validate and verify harvester Star Box/Radio information reported.
- Monitor load intervals per location to avoid stalls in field harvest operations.
- Enter outgoing commodity-pomace, wet waste and seed in computer system.
- Audits receiver tags for load traceability.
- Monitor full load trailer counts at Liberty Packing.
- Validate and record dump sheets in the system.
- Coordinate transfer loads with shuttle drivers that will be sent to other processing locations.
- Make adjustments according to processing needs and demands.
If you will be at least 18 by July 1st, apply today!
- No experience necessary
- Season runs approximately July through October
- 40+ hours/week
- Se habla Espanol
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with continuous critical thinking and multitasking.
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Must follow company policies and procedures as described on colleague guidelines.
- Must be available for night and weekend shifts.
- Computer Skills
- Data entry skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Answer high volume driver calls with professionalism and confidence
- Excellent communication skills (bilingual preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast paced and sometimes stressful work environment.
- Comfortable and efficient at multitasking or taking multiple requests simultaneously and completing them.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.