- Los Banos, CA, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing 25% to 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million.
The Mission of this colleague will be to provide all financial and operating information required by internal and external customers to enable them to successfully accomplish their missions and commitments. This includes administration of IS/IT, insurance, HR, finance, budgeting and costing.
This is a multi-faceted role, and this person will have significant involvement in several of our companies, including: food production, hotel/hospitality, and greenhouse and agricultural services.
Specific Responsibilities and Activities include:
- Personally assure the accuracy and timeliness of all financial statements, including the development of processes to achieve these results.
- Maintain economic and cash flow schedules and budgets.
- Ensure assets are maintained and tracked within and among facilities.
- Ensure timely completion of external audits and the timely and accurate completion of tax returns.
- Track financial and operating performance and communicate to appropriate colleagues.
- Work with operating colleagues to develop responsible budgets for operations and financial performance.
- Analyze all operating and financial information and recommend and advocate changes to operations which will improve results.
- Evaluate and improve business processes
- Maintain and develop effective and economical information systems.
- Provide information to colleagues in a timely and accurate manner. Information should run through the enterprise like veins run through the body.
- Proactively provide information services to fellow colleagues.
- Develop and manage Colleague relationships which support your Mission, ensuring appropriate supporting colleague talent and ensuring you have a thorough knowledge of the strategies and affairs of all responsible operations—“hear the drums beat, know what those signals mean and what their strategic, tactical and financial ramifications are.”
- Excellent listening and communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Work independently, with broadly defined objectives and limited review of overall results.
- Leads by doing; willing to work long hours and “do any task.”
- Independent, confident individual who respects others.
- Honest, forthright, and trustworthy – not political
- Persistent but patient in getting results, strong sense of self worth, humility and self confidence a must.
- Competitive – driven to succeed and get things done.
- Has a bias for action, but understands how to balance risk and reward.
- Substantial ability and expertise with Excel, Word, and other business applications.
The successful candidate would likely have a meaningful, formal education in Mission related disciplines, such as, business administration, accounting and economics. This position is for a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, and who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. The Morning Star Company and its affiliates participate in E-Verify.