- 12045 Ingomar Grade, Los Banos, CA 93635, USA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing approximately 30% of the California crop, plus tomato greenhouses, transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is over 350 year-round and 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management (reference www.self-managmentinstitute.org). Our company is operated by colleagues without a formal hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each Colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on competency, integrity, effort, persistence and data-based, reasoned persuasiveness. We communicate this position in commonly used terms only for a better understanding of the talents desired.
The Mission and Position
To receive, store and ship raw materials and finished goods in a safe, reliable and cost efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Coordinate the receiving and shipping of raw materials and finished goods to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain distribution Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Organize the warehouse to maximize space utilization by planning alternate layouts to accommodate annual pack plans.
- Maintain the physical condition of equipment and the warehouse through adequate training, maintenance, and repairs.
- Acquire, train, and organize full-time and seasonal colleagues.
- Develop productivity and safety indices and monitor individual colleague performance against the standards.
- Purchase warehouse equipment, materials and services through a competitive bidding process.
- Prepare operating budgets, forecast expenditures and analyze expenses including corrective action plans as needed to achieve business unit financial goals and objectives.
- Process bin parts.
- Maintain accuracy of the warehouse inventory by comparing periodic cycle counts to the book inventory and reconciling if necessary.
- Identify and implement new ideas and methods to improve warehouse performance.
- Assist departmental colleagues in achieving their personal commercial mission.
- Safeguard facility, operating personnel and finished goods by establishing and enforcing safety procedures and protocols.
- Research, identify, develop, and implement capital projects.
- The ideal candidate will likely have a meaningful, formal education in mission related areas such as: business, logistics, etc.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Strong focus on safety in all aspects of activity.
- Computer skills: Familiar with Mac/Windows. Competent in Microsoft Excel.
- A strong focus on clear, open and professional communication.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.