Forward Warehouse Coordinator
- Los Banos, CA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing 25% to 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success is based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. We intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and Mission-Focused Self-Management.
The Mission and Position
The Mission of this colleague is to ensure the long-term success of the enterprise through support of the logistical and forward warehousing related activities resulting in a smooth and economical flow of product, as well as the tracking, reporting and coordination of business unit stepping-stones that result in overall excellent customer satisfaction.
The specialty ingredient business unit's Mission is to be a full service tomato ingredient supplier, providing unequivocally superior services and supply-chain solution to geographically unique and specialty customers. This individual will need to work in conjunction with sales, marketing, and customer service as well as be able to work effectively independently.
- Forward Warehouse Management
- Maintain inventories in forward warehouses
- Coordinate transfers to the forward warehouses
- Generate paperwork for shipments out of the warehouses
- Manage warehouse relationships
- Reconcile inventories on a monthly basis
- Perform detailed inventory audits bi-annually
- Resolve any damage or inventory related issues
- Approve warehouse related invoices
- Research prospective warehouses and analyze costs
- Establish and maintain relationships with providers in warehouse regions
- Request rates and arrange freight out of forward warehouse locations, when necessary
- Approve MSTK freight related invoices
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of general logistics and warehouse processes with specific experience in warehouse management is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will likely have an understanding of the processed tomato industry, adapt to change quickly and work well under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suites, specifically Excel
- Effective communication, oral and written, is a must.
- Effective time management.
Principal office is located in Los Banos. Compensation and benefits include health, vacation and 401K.