Harvest Equipment Manager
- Los Banos, CA
California Sun Grower Services harvests tomatoes on over eighty thousand acres supplying tomatoes to processing facilities in Central California. In addition to harvesting activities, California Sun also provides custom transplanting and other farm services as well as farming its own operations and joint venture farming operations. It provides a good opportunity for employment for those who have the desire to perform well and be successful.
Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success is based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. We intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and self-management.
To provide leadership and organizational competency for an operating unit within California Sun’s transplanting and harvesting business and achieve enviable results.
- Coordinate people, equipment and supplies for a harvesting & transplanting group to accomplish our Mission.
- Interview, hire and train all personnel required for your operating team.
- Promote and implement proper equipment operating procedures in a manner conducive to safety standards.
- Train equipment operators and others in proper operating procedures.
- Analyze your transplant and harvest group’s performance and trends. Address issues impacting performance in a timely and efficient manner.
- Minimize equipment damage to transplant and harvest group equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance, diagnose field break downs, perform field repairs relative to diagnostics and perform off season over hauls on transplant and harvester equipment.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with customer growers.
- Promote a culture focused on job safety following the standards and procedures set forth in the Morning Star Company Safety Program.
- Audit the performance and quality of service provided by your group. Use audits to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Organize and coordinate field moves in a safe and efficient manner.
- Promote and enforce a high level accountability amongst colleagues and contractors.
- Provide operational and performance reports as requested by fellow colleagues.
- Promote and encourage an environment conducive to the principles of Self-Management.
This is a full time, year round position. This person will coordinate achieving their mission with a group of operational colleagues, be based in the Los Banos area of California’s San Joaquin Valley and take responsibility for specific planting and harvesting equipment. Pay is expected to be $70,000 to $100,000 (DOQ). Over night travel required during the season.
The successful candidate will have competency in mission related disciplines such as large scale agriculture mechanical harvesting, transplanting, crop production, extensive experience in maintaining and repairing farming and harvesting equipment and be bilingual in English and Spanish for hiring, training and organizing personnel. This position is for a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, and who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions.
- Extensive knowledge of general farm machinery and mechanics. Including but not limited to:
- D/C Electrical
- Shaft & Equipment Alignment
- Hydraulic Systems
- Diesel Engines
- Welding ability
- Ability to read, write and comprehend complex processes and instructions.
- Ability to understand, embrace and integrate into our Self-Management organizational system.
- Ability to take ownership of a group of approximately 6 harvesters and treat it as your own personal business in which you take complete responsibility.
- Ability to build a team, share knowledge and experience with peers and play a leadership role within a group.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good DMV record.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.