- Williams, CA
The Morning Star Trucking Company provides transportation services for bulk tomato, freight and transplanting operations throughout the San Joaquin and Sacramento Valleys of California, primarily during the summer months. During peak summer operations, we employ over 600 drivers operating over 300 trucks.
Colleagues without titles operate our company without an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission serving as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success are based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straightforward persuasiveness. Our system is termed Mission-Focused, Self-Management.
- To take an active role in achieving the Trucking Enterprise Mission, which is to provide bulk tomato and freight transportation services to our customers at the highest level of efficiency possible in an environmentally responsible, safe and timely manner.
- To attract, hire, train and coordinate personnel for our trucking operations; to advance these operations to the highest degree of competency, respect and profitability; to make Morning Star the trucking employer of choice.
- To market our trucking services.
This is a full-time, year-round position. The position requires rigorous coordination with related agricultural supply chain business units, including transplanting and harvesting (Cal Sun Grower Services), and processing (Morning Star Packing and Liberty Packing.) This position requires a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, and who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions.
- Support and improve existing operational processes.
- Coordinate recruitment activities for seasonal hiring.
- Conduct interviews of potential seasonal hires as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current laws and regulations pertaining to all aspects of Mission duties.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Facilitate Trucking operations by coordinating/scheduling the activities of Trucking operations staff (drivers, dispatchers, shop mechanics and other support positions) and maintaining a high level of communication and coordination with colleagues in related business units.
- Explore opportunities for growth in our year-round freight haul activities.
- Order supplies as appropriate.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Night work will be required during production season (July-September).
- Strong focus on safety in all aspects of activity.
- Computer skills: Familiar with Mac/Windows. Competent in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn, and work proficiently with, our in-house “TomatoStar” programs/database system, used to organize all aspects of the Ag Supply Chain information needs.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to read and write clearly. A strong focus on clear, open and professional communication.
- Bilingual English-Spanish a plus.
- College degree in related activities a plus.
- Class A Commercial Driver license, or willingness/ability to get one.
- Acceptable driving record.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.