- Williams, CA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing approximately 30% of the California crop, plus tomato greenhouses, transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is over 350 year-round and 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management (reference www.self-managmentinstitute.org). Our company is operated by colleagues without a formal hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each Colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on competency, integrity, effort, persistence and data-based, reasoned persuasiveness. We communicate this position in commonly used terms only for a better understanding of the talents desired.
The Mission and Position
The Mission of this individual will be to provide accounting and financial analysis to support productivity of their internal customers at the Williams processing facility and all of our Sacramento Valley agricultural supply chain enterprises.
This person will require a strong accounting background with an emphasis on cost accounting and strong analytical skills. A creative approach to problem solving with a deep sense of curiosity and an aspiration for growth will be mandatory. This individual will work with other colleagues located in the Sacramento valley operations.
Specific responsibilities and activities of the position:
- Run daily production reports and summarize results into an overall Plant Performance report.
- Analyze Plant Performance reports for raw product yield, labor efficiency, asset utilization, downtime, and utility usage.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
- Post journal entries, reconcile bank statements and other accounting related items to deliver an accurate and timely period close.
- Deliver financial reports at period end such maintenance spend, labor variances, tomato expense reconciliation, shipment trends and pricing trends year over year.
- Maintain and reconcile inventory, sales, fixed assets and other items on a regular basis.
- The successful candidate would likely have a meaningful, formal education in Accounting.
- Experience in MS excel, including graphing, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Microsoft Access experience is a plus.
- Experience in SQL database query language is a plus.
- Sage 300 (Accpac) is a plus.
The principal office would be in Williams. It is expected that the colleague would live within a 50 minute drive from Williams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.