Operations Reporting Colleague
- Los Banos, CA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing approximately 30% of the California crop, plus tomato greenhouses, transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is over 350 year-round and 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management (reference www.self-managmentinstitute.org). Our company is operated by colleagues without a formal hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each Colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on competency, integrity, effort, persistence and data-based, reasoned persuasiveness. We communicate this position in commonly used terms only for a better understanding of the talents desired.
The Mission and Position
To support the Information Services Business Unit to accomplish their mission through Operational / Financial reporting, as well as provide administrative support in the form reconciling invoices to delivery receipts, and maintaining inventory in Acc Pac ERP system. This position requires advanced use of Microsoft Excel and other applications.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Run daily production reports and summarize results into an overall Plant Performance report.
- Analyze Plant Performance Reports for raw product yield, labor efficiency, asset utilization, downtime, and utility usage.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reporting which can include: product write-offs, shrink, labor variances ex: OT/ Reg time tradeoff.
- Posting Journal entries, reconciling invoices to delivery records, and approving for payment
- Update distributor’s (PCP) production and inventory system with daily production figures. Reconcile internal records with PCP’s records.
- Financial Report at Month End: Maintenance spend, tomato expense reconciliation, shipment trends and pricing trends year over year.
- Invoice and create bills of lading for outside warehouse shipments.
The successful candidate will demonstrate competent computer and software skills and have reasonable experience in commercial organizations—or ability to quickly learn. Microsoft Office experience - particularly Excel - is required. Knowledge of general accounting processes is preferred, and specific experience in operational analysis is a plus.
The successful candidate will be one that is open to learning, takes initiative and is capable of and interested in expanding their role to involve other accounting related functions. Additional key personal characteristics include impeccable integrity, conscientiousness, decisiveness and self-confidence.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.