- Los Banos, CA
California Sun Grower Services harvests tomatoes on over eighty thousand acres supplying tomatoes to processing facilities in Central California. In addition to harvesting activities, California Sun also provides custom transplanting and other farm services as well as farming its own operations and joint venture farming operations. It provides a good opportunity for employment for those who have the desire to perform well and be successful.
Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success is based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. We intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and self-management.
This colleague’s mission is to ensure superior agricultural equipment performance.
This is a full-time, year round position that requires the individual to diagnose, repair, install, adjust, and maintain Harvesting, Transplanting, and Farming equipment and coordinate such operations. This position is for a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, and who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions. Pay is expected to be between $15 and $25 per hour (depending upon qualifications).
- Economically repair, overhaul, and maintain safe equipment to achieve 100% uptime, by applying relevant disciplines and professional judgment.
- Diagnose issues in field and in a shop environment, with appropriate measurement and diagnostics tools and methods
- Test-run repaired equipment to verify repairs.
- Order parts and materials.
- Document repairs and maintenance performed.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Provide field operations expertise to transplant and harvest tomatoes.
- Periods of overnight travel.
The successful candidate will have competency in mission related disciplines such as large scale agriculture mechanical harvesting, transplanting, crop production, extensive experience in maintaining and repairing farming and harvesting equipment.
- D/C Electrical
- Diagnostics / Troubleshooting
- Shaft and equipment alignment
- Hydraulic Systems (Pumps / Motors / Valves)
- Bearing evaluation and replacement
- Diesel Engine
- Welding Ability
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good DMV record.
- English / Spanish Bilingual is a plus