Field Technician - Agricultural Data Systems
- Los Banos, CA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in California, processing approximately 30% of the California crop, plus tomato greenhouses, transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is over 350 year-round and 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
We are organizationally structured through a system we term Mission-Focused Self-Management (reference www.self-managmentinstitute.org). Our company is operated by colleagues without a formal hierarchy of authority. Each Colleague is expected to be the manager of their mission. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral and based on their independent agreements. Each Colleague’s Mission is their guiding principle of action, and respect, influence and success having to be built based on competency, integrity, effort, persistence and data-based, reasoned persuasiveness.
This colleague’s Mission will be to provide flawless technical service and support of all performance data capturing and communications hardware and systems in the field. This is a year-round position and includes benefits, vacation pay and sick pay.
Responsibilities and activities:
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain mobile data acquisition equipment, user interface equipment and other technologies related to Morning Star’s agricultural operations.
- Assist in building systems and components.
- Assist as needed to train seasonal users/machine operators in proper usage.
- Ensure proper coverage at all times in your service area.
- Knowledge of DC electrical systems and components for vehicular and general agricultural equipment applications with strong preference for troubleshooting experience.
- Cable termination assembly and troubleshooting/QA experience including crimp, solder, coax (e.g. TNC, SMA) and modular (e.g. RJ45) applications.
- Working knowledge of basic computer (PC) components and connections with preference for experience with industrial applications (e.g. IP67) is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of network (IP) structure and application is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to work independently, as a part of a team, in both shop and typical agricultural field environments.
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screen.
- Must be able to work various shifts - day or night - according to seasonal requirements to ensure proper coverage.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.