Maintenance Lead - Boilers
- Williams, CA
The Morning Star Trucking Company provides transportation services for bulk tomato, freight and transplanting operations throughout the Central Valley of California, primarily during the summer months. Morning Star Trucking also provides recruiting, hiring and training services for internal customers in support of our farming, transplanting and harvesting needs. During peak summer operations, we employ about 600 drivers operating approximately 290 trucks.
Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success is based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. We intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and Mission-Focused Self-Management.
This person's Mission will be to provide efficient, dependable, quality steam at prescribed pressures and temperatures to our customers for process requirements and preseason testing.
Repair and Maintenance:
Takes ownership of entire STEAM GENERATION system.
Understands steam generation equipment and process flow and effectively troubleshoots problems. Performs all required preventative and restorative maintenance on steam plant and related equipment, including:
- Deaerator System
- Control Systems
- Chemical Systems
- Flue Gas Recirculators
- Condensate Returns
- Fire Pumps
- High-Pressure Welding
- Other Related Equipment
OPERATES ALL BOILERS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT
Operates, monitors, and maintains steam, condensate, and water flows
- Starts up and shuts down boilers
- Performs basic water chemistry
- Balances steam and water flows
- Responds to upsets and emergencies
- Controls costs
- Complies with mission-critical regulatory requirements
- Candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must understand steam generation theory, fluid theory (hydraulic and air), and basic physics of pressure and temperature.
- Strong persuasive leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed to achieve objectives without supervision.
- Ability to coordinate tasks with others through personal initiative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.