Industrial Maintenance - Aseptic Systems
- Los Banos, CA
The Morning Star Company, and its affiliates, operate three tomato processing facilities in Central California, processing 25% to 30% of the California crop, plus tomato transplanting, farming, harvesting and trucking operations. Employment is approximately 350 year-round and over 2,000 seasonal colleagues with annual sales exceeding $900 million. The company is known worldwide for its innovation and integrity.
Our company is operated by colleagues without titles or an appointed hierarchy of authority. Authority relative to other colleagues’ activities is lateral, with each colleague’s Mission as their guiding principle of action. Respect, influence and success is based on each colleague’s competency, integrity, effort, persistence and straight-forward persuasiveness. We intend to maintain a culture of individual responsibility and Mission-Focused Self-Management.
The Mission and Position
This Colleague’s Mission will be to aseptically and efficiently package all product produced which consistently achieve the quality and service expectations of our customers in a cost effective, environmentally responsible manner.
Responsibilities and Activities
Perform, guide or direct, with fellow colleagues and/or with contractors, all predictive, preventive and responsive maintenance on plant equipment, including but not limited to the following:
Take on functional area operating responsibilities during the tomato processing season.
Salary and benefits are quite good and certainly competitive. The position is based in Los Banos, California.
Knowledge, Talent and Experience Requirements
- Excellent Mechanical concepts and skills.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends during season.
- Excellent listening and communications skill, written and oral.
- Understands, enjoys and is very good at the game of business.
- Excellent analytical skill.
- Substantial expertise with Excel, Word and other related applications.
- Patient, but persistent in getting results.
- Familiarly with 24x7 production environment
- Own and maintain professional tool set
The term “Self-Management” is used frequently herein. A “Self-Managed” Colleague is one who:
- Understands their Personal Commercial Mission;
- Understands how to achieve their Mission;
- Passionately strives to achieve their Mission, and:
- Does so absent direct supervision from another person.