- 1 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
About Moresby Group
The Moresby Group was founded with a single mission: To build a great place to work. Our theory has always been that a great culture attracts great people, and great people do great work. So, if you build a team that people genuinely love being a part of, the rest will take care of itself.
We’re well on our way on that journey. We’ve assembled an enviable team of smart, committed, energetic and fun individuals. We work hard, play hard, and love what we do. And we were named to the 2019 list of Best Workplaces in Professional Services in Canada.
So what do we do? We are a negotiating machine. Since our inception in 2016, we have been entrusted by clients worldwide to help them negotiate everything from complex high-stakes joint venture agreements, to low-stakes transactional arrangements. We've served Fortune 1,000 clients across 6 continents in the following industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Aerospace, Consumer Packaged Goods, Energy, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, Media, Packaging and Software. We execute with speed and precision, and we deliver results.
We are looking for an Administrative Coordinator to join our growing team.
Our clients (large public companies) engage us to negotiate on their behalf with their suppliers. They provide us with a list of suppliers that they buy from and our Research team prepares for the negotiations including doing online and on-the-phone research.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
- Calling suppliers to identify the key point of contact with whom we should negotiate with. (Note: this is not cold calling. Here, you are calling in as a customer asking for information)
- Following up with suppliers tenaciously via call/email to ensure we get to the right decision maker
- Working closely with the Negotiators to manage their schedule and task list
- Maintain and update vendor records in our CRM (Close.io) with; contact information, status updates and follow up notes
- Contacting vendors to schedule the initial phone conversation between the key contact at the supplier and the Moresby group negotiator
- Reviewing submission reports from our vendors to check accuracy and gather all required documentation
- Conducting online research about the supplier to provide to the negotiator as part of their call strategy
- Executing basic analysis (via Excel) on our historical spend with the supplier. E.g., to identify top products/services we purchased, whether the spend is increasing or decreasing etc.
What we’ve learned about our best Administrative Coordinators:
- They have previous experience in an Administrative function
- They have 3+ years of work experience
- They have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- They are extremely driven, tenacious, and have lots of ‘hustle’
- They’ve worked in roles that require them to engage with people on the phone – and they really enjoy it!
- They are proficient with Excel (pivot tables, vlookups)
The Moresby Group was founded by Mitch Cohen and Hemmy Challapally who met while working closely together at McKinsey. While working on large-scale turnarounds and good-to-great transformations, they noted the absence of highly dependable tools and services to help support supply chain teams. A few years later, they decided to start The Moresby Group, and made supply chain enablement the core focus of the business.
Our founders decided to work together to launch the Moresby Group while working in Papua New Guinea and thus named the company after its capital, Port Moresby.
- Our office is energetic and vibrant. Its buzzing with folks who are excited to have saved our client’s millions in a day’s work
- We believe in working hard and having a good time while at work. We hope you partake in Floral Fridays, monthly team events, and our office retreats
- We have a cozy living room at work for when you need to wind down
- We offer many great perks – we have snacks delivered to the office every week, regular team lunches, a coffee machine for your afternoon pick-me-ups, and games in the office
- We take care of our people with top caliber health and dental plans
- We have a very entrepreneurial culture and many of our past employees have moved onto start their own companies
- We believe in giving back to our community – we donate a portion of our revenues to local non-profit organizations that are chosen by the team
- Office is located in downtown Toronto, close to Union station
- Due to client confidentiality, we do not have an online presence. If you are interested, the best way to understand our unique culture is to visit us at our office
The Moresby Group is an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and barrier-free work environment for all candidates and employees. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply and if accommodation is required during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact our Talent team directly.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.