Qualitative Senior Accountant
- TBD, Atlanta, Georgia, us
Hexagon Lavish® is a scientific research and development start-up based in the United States. The company initially was focused in machine learning techniques but now has evolved into a small company that's devoted to utilizing "unorthodox" research methodologies in theoretical development and uncompromised use of mathematics and science.
PIR: Premier Information Retrieval will be a resultant product from the platform, IISS (Informational Interpretation Scientific Software). PIR will be designed as software for immediate detection, distinction, classification and analysis.
Desmond J. Watson, co-founder and chief executive officer of Hexagon Lavish®, is putting together a small team of researchers, mathematicians, engineers and programmers for this startup. If you're interested in applying your skills in efforts of turning ideas into a grand journey, submit your CV/résumé today.
Apply and submit your résumé here.
Hexagon Lavish® is in the position of acquiring the expertise of a well-experienced Qualitative Senior Accountant to take charge of the startup's general accounting functions that will give the qualified candidate substantial tools and means to expand their experience beyond any preconceived notion.
The Qualitative Senior Accountant will be given responsibilities for key components for a role that is integral to the daily operations. Serving as a team leader, the Qualitative Senior Accountant will ensure that the Finance Department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. Also, the selected candidate(s) will be tasked the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate systems of financial records as well as ensuring reported results are in accordance to GAAP.
The Qualitative Senior Accountant is needed for more than "just numbers"...but, you can't be afraid to be our "numbers person".
- Extensive experience in bookkeeping
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is preferred
- Ability to perform office and bookkeeping duties accurately and efficiently without supervision
- Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in fast-pace, dynamic environment
- Advanced knowledge of the following software: Sage 100 (especially Job Cost module), Excel and other MS Office products
- Strong technical accounting and reporting skills
- Working knowledge of SEC reporting and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Overall management of the accounting responsibilities which includes G/L and balance sheet, A/R and A/P, inventory control, job costing, period and year end closing and financial statements
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expenses, reconciles and analyses account balances
- Provide and maintain a system of job cost accounting to include review and reconciliation of deferred revenue, work in process, deposits on jobs, revenue recognition and cost of goods sold on a per job basis
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Proactively participates in analysis of balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position
- Identify financial statement risks and independently research through engagement with key business partners to develop proposed solutions
- Perform period close activities, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analytic reviews
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and financial reporting
- Assist with the creation and documentation of accounting policies and internal control framework
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Oversees and completes the monthly closing process including analysis, journal entries and account reconcilations
- 10+ years of directed experience in building companies from the "ground-up"
- 8+ years of supervisory experience in a complex, multi-site environment high-tech/scientific R&D organization
- 7 years of developing a creative footprint in contrast to a "technical record"
- Experience in creating and managing external partner relationships
- Exceptional developmental and strategic planning skills
- Develop and maintain Hexagon Lavish®'s knowledge on the interests of potential partners and competitive activities
- Coordinate evaluation of all new opportunities which include both market and financial analyses
- Provide assistance in negotiation of terms and formulation of proposed offers for transactions under evaluation
- Create and execute a proactive new business strategy from identifying and researching future prospects through to developing disruptive outreach communications
- Work on strengthening our company's narrative when it comes to pitch strategy, proposals and articulation to our services and product capabilities
- Assist in establishing new business "best practices" and organizational structure alongside senior leadership
- Work closely with marketing to develop strategic follow-up plans to outbound initiatives
- Sound decision-maker
- Establish effectiveness as a mentor
- Strong analytical skills; experience interpreting strategic plans and changes in how services are delivered into a long-term sustainable operating model
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
EXPECTATIONS OF ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Fluent in English (and other languages)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate, manage and respond to legal and business needs as necessary
- Harbor the ability to work well with people and be able to work efficiently and effectively a an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, respect for others and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Must demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the Hexagon Lavish® mission, vision and values