Challengeable Senior General Counsel
- N/A, Atlanta, Georgia, us
Hexagon Lavish® is a scientific research and development start-up based in the United States. The company initially was focused in machine learning techniques but now has evolved into a small company that's devoted to utilizing "unorthodox" research methodologies in theoretical development and uncompromised use of mathematics and science.
PIR: Premier Information Retrieval® will be a resultant product from the platform, IISS (Informational Interpretation Scientific Software). PIR will be designed as software for allergen detection, distinction, classification and analysis. The software will be introduced to global consumer markets in varying versions for smartphone, tablet, wearable and "smart" home applications as well as for commercial and medical markets respectively.
Desmond J. Watson, co-founder and chief executive officer of Hexagon Lavish®, is putting together a small team of researchers, mathematicians, engineers and programmers for this startup. If you're interested in applying your skills in efforts of turning ideas into a grand journey, submit your CV/résumé today.
Apply and submit your résumé here.
Hexagon Lavish® has an open position for an experienced and challengeable individual as our Senior General Counsel who considers "real world scientific experience" as a positive in order to aid in pushing our startup forward. Understand, we are not looking for the typical, "mainstream" or set-standard lawyer; rather someone who's willing to be a stand-in for the startup as a "legal warrior". The Senior General Counsel will report directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be held responsible for all legal affairs and not be at a disadvantage from lacking "category A" credentials. The ideal candidate will also serve as a key member of senior leadership team and inform other members of senior leadership on matters concerning strategic importance to the business, establishing key strategic alliances and risk-opportunity analysis for business transactions.
The Senior General Counsel position requires compliance with SEC rulings and regulations including proxy statements as well as provide legal guidance on publicity disclosures, press releases and other marketing materials associated with the startup. The Senior General Counsel will need to have a "technological hunger" that can only be gratified by Hexagon Lavish®.
- Dispute resolution and litigation efforts and strategy, including management of outside counsel as appropriate
- Development and dissemination of policy and directions on legal aspects of operating activities for the guidance and control of operating divisions
- Representing the division in the negotiation and administration of any and all prime contracts including all changes, modifications, disputes and related reimbursement authorizations
- Provide legal guidance and counsel relative to intellectual property including patents, trademarks and copyright matters
- Develop provisions regarding legal counsel in a wide variety of matters including employment, work environment, safety and health, tax and procurement
- Provide assistance in negotiations as required and review and approve written agreements, contracts or other legal instruments involving the rights and obligations of the division
- Harbor an understanding and experience of regulatory and compliance statutes (i.e., HIPAA, Stark, Anti-Kickback, EMTALA, etc.)
- Oversee compliance and environmental sustainability
Essential Job Functions
- 10-15 years of relevant legal experience
- 8+ years of supervisory experience in a complex, multi-site environment high-tech/scientific R&D organization
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
- Knowledge of compliance and corporate law
- Harbor the ability to convey complex compliance and legal concepts to a broad audience which includes individuals who are not attorneys/lawyers
- Reputation for being a proactive leader with evidence of having worked as a true business partner with senior leadership teams in program and administration
- Results oriented; able to comprehend scientific requirements and provides solutions in a rapidly changing environment and growth-oriented organization
- Experience in creating and managing external partner relationships
- Exceptional developmental and strategic planning skills
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate, inter-divisional and divisional strategies and tactics
Other Essential Job Functions
- Sound decision-maker
- Establish effectiveness as a mentor
- Be contributory to the statistical endeavors of the company's projects
- Strong analytical skills; experience interpreting strategic plans and changes in how services are delivered into a long-term sustainable operating model
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form
- Fluent in English (and other languages)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate, manage and respond to legal and business needs as necessary
- Harbor the ability to work well with people and be able to work efficiently and effectively a an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, trustworthiness, respect for others and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Must demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of the Hexagon Lavish® mission, vision and values
Hexagon Lavish® is an equal opportunity employer.