Operations Manager (REMOTE)
- 1901 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
APPLICATION DEADLINE - Dec 5, 2019
To heal communities affected by violence, The Health Alliance for Violence Intervention (www.thehavi.org) fosters hospital and community collaborations to advance equitable, trauma-informed care for violence intervention/ prevention programs. Our vision is to build a system of healthcare that mobilizes hospitals and communities to end violence, together.
Hospital-based violence intervention programs (HVIPs) vary in the specifics of their design and scope, but typically include a brief intervention in the emergency department or at the hospital bedside as well as intensive community-based case management services following discharge. HVIP services are provided by culturally competent Violence Prevention Professionals who often also serve in a mentorship capacity. HVIPs are rooted in the philosophy that violence is preventable and that violent injury offers a “teachable moment” and unique opportunity to break cycles of violence. HVIPs embrace a public health approach to violence prevention as they are grounded in data, which indicate that victims of violence are at elevated risk for re-injury and violence perpetration. This model has been the subject of numerous peer-reviewed studies indicating promising impact on injury recidivism, criminal justice contact, and trauma symptoms. HVIPs are now a recommended practice by the federal government.
The network has grown to hundreds of individuals such as physicians, nurses, therapists, gang interventionists, outreach workers and researchers who are affiliated with 41 member programs in the U.S., Canada, England and El Salvador. We hold a sold-out annual conference of over 400 professionals implementing our health approach to violence. Our goal is to support the growth of HVIPs throughout the United States.
Our organization hosts a large annual conference, staffs member working groups that focus on Mental Health, Research, Policy, Workforce Development, and more, and provides training and technical assistance to hospitals and communities that want to begin HVIPs and to existing programs that need support.
The HAVI is a project of Community Partners.
The Operations Manager will work directly with the Executive Coordinator to help support our growing organization. The Operations Manager will play an instrumental role in assisting our Training and Technical Assistance department by coordinating site visits with hospitals, providing logistical support for trainings and conferences, and corresponding with subject matter experts in the field.
Additional duties include creating and managing a logistical infrastructure for all departments in the organization; this involves managing vendor contracts and invoices, maintaining our contact management system, ordering and preparing meeting materials, taking meeting minutes, and arranging travel for staff and project consultants. The ideal candidate is a resourceful and collaborative problem solver who is masterful at prioritizing complex tasks and supporting a small team in a fast-paced environment. While this is a remote position, candidates must also be prepared to travel 10-15% of the time and may be asked to work in an office as deemed necessary by their supervisor.
● Review, submit, and monitor revenue and expense contracts in conjunction with
our fiscal sponsor
● Process invoice payments and reimbursement requests using a financial
● Reconcile monthly credit card statements for the organization
● Design, implement, and monitor programmatic logistical infrastructures as
directed by leadership
● Provide technical and logistical support for all administrative projects
● Generate memos, emails, and reports when appropriate
● Arrange travel for staff and project consultants
● Support the planning of our Annual Conference
● Manage inventory of training materials and process shipping orders as needed
● Manage grant and donor databases and other tools for tracking and
documenting proposal submission and receipt process
● Prepare grant proposals in collaboration with program staff
● Ensure compliance with all grant laws and regulations
● Oversee the grant timelines and deliverables
● Coordinate and assist with the planning for professional training events
● Update and manage a contact management system for the organization
● Manage and maintain a central cloud filing system
● Support upkeep of project management system
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● 3 + years experience in operations or office management
● Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
● Detail oriented and comfortable working in a remote environment
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
● Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
● Ability to adapt to changing priorities
● High level of organization, accuracy, and attention to detail
● Advanced written and verbal communication skills
● Proven ability to work collaboratively
● Professional appearance and demeanor
● Interest in advancing the mission of The HAVI and principles of racial equity
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package (health, vision, dental, retirement). To apply, please combine resume and a cover letter in a single document. Your cover letter should highlight your background, skills, qualifications, and salary requirements. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
The HAVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Weare committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION, OPEN NATIONWIDE AND WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE APPLICANTS FROM THE PHILADELPHIA / GREATER NEW YORK AREA