Senior Donor Relations Manager
- 1710 Briargate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
Sons and daughters will be trafficked, exploited and abused tonight. At The Exodus Road, we find and free these children and arrest their traffickers. And we support local teams around the world to systematically disrupt the business of human traffickers.
The Exodus Road a non-religious 501C3 nonprofit, an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
The Exodus Road is seeking a professional with a strong fundraising and donor relations background to join our dynamic and growing advancement team, serving as our Senior Donor Relations Manager. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Development, the primary responsibilities of this person will be the strategic planning, oversight, and cultivation of our mid to high-level household donor relations program and the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan to maximize contributed income from individuals.
- Responsible for the qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding of household donors, with emphasis on major gifts.
- Expand on the current major gifts program by initiating long and short-term strategies to secure gifts from individuals using established techniques of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Directly manage a portfolio of donors drawn from both existing donor base and new contacts
- Manage and/or support the recognition efforts for current donors
- Enter and track donor communications, meetings and calls in our donor database
- Work closely with marketing and advancement colleagues to develop and implement strategic marketing and communication initiatives for prospects and donors
- Responsible for database queries and reports; works with Systems Development on database maintenance and preparing reports, queries and mailing lists
- Conduct donor research and prepare prospect and donor materials
- Utilize internal database for researching prospective and current donors and entering contact reports
- Company-sponsored domestic travel as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to organizational mission and values: Mission-driven, with an unyielding commitment to making the world a better place and demonstrated passion of improving human rights.
- Relationship Building: Highly dynamic and engaging in donor communications with the ability to incorporate compelling storytelling and a passion that invites donors to join on our mission.
- Donor management: Knowledge of donor relations and management best practices, policies and processes.
- Effective communication: Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrates ability to tailor messages appropriately to various internal and external stakeholders; shares information; actively listens and involves others.
- Interpersonal skills: Adheres to the highest ethical standards with good judgement; Dependability, humility, sense of humor, and strong commitment to TER’s mission and values.
- Initiative & accountability: Take action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently and is able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; Holds self-accountable for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
- 4+ years of experience in progressively responsible fundraising experience, preferably in a non-profit, social service environment. Non-profit experience is a must.
- Proven track record of donor acquisition and retention, along with closing single gifts of $10K+
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the principles and best practices of major gift fundraising, including planning, implementing and administering solicitations with a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven team-building skills, creating liaisons with program staff, senior management and board members to develop effective cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, G-Suite)
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers
- Experience with a donor database required (Salesforce & HubSpot preferred).
Salary Range & Benefits: $60K - $65K per year, Bonus Opportunities Available; Company-Paid Life Insurance Plan, Generous PTO & Wellness Days, Simple IRA Retirement Plan, Health Benefits Available
Please submit a cover letter, including references, along with your resume
The position of Senior Donor Relations Manager is a full-time position located in Colorado Springs, CO. Applicants must live in the Colorado Springs area or be willing to relocate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.