Resilient Communities and Forests Project Manager
- 170 2nd St SW, Loveland, CO 80537, USA
The Ember Alliance is a new nonprofit based in Colorado. The position will be part of the Resilient Communities and Forests Colorado program and will provide secondary support to the Ember Alliance’s Fire Operations program.
The Ember Alliance is dedicated to providing an open, transparent, and just organization and workplace. We strive for clear, open, and kind communication and are committed to centering, recruiting, hiring, mentoring, and supporting individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented communities. We are dedicated to building a better way to do fire management, one that recognizes the inherent value of our employees, that supports work / life balance, and provides an environment that supports growth.
The successful candidate will have strong organization skills, planning document generation experience, entrepreneurial attitude and aptitude, and a desire to support ecological forestry and fire practices in Colorado. This position is not a primary fire position. Previous wildland fire operational experience is not required, but a desire to participate in prescribed fire is supported. They will:
- Manage, support, and/or lead planning document generation, including community wildfire protection plans, research products, other similar projects.
- Work with partners to identify new opportunities for engagement.
- Manage work assignments with minimal direction from supervisors.
- Provide project management and planning support for other Ember Alliance projects, including Ember Alliance Fire Operations activities.
- Coordinate with project partners to ensure planning and personnel needs are met.
- As needed and desired, may support Ember Alliance prescribed fire and wildfire operations.
- May represent the Ember Alliance at local and regional meetings.
- May work in variable weather conditions, in remote locations, and on difficult or hazardous terrain and / or in other physically demanding environments.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid technical writing skills
- GIS experience
- Project management experience
- Fire and forest ecology and management knowledge.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in fire ecology, forestry, or other natural resources.
- Effective knowledge of common software applications.
- Previous experience authoring fire management documents such as community wildfire protection plans, fire management plans, and forest management plans.
- NEPA experience
- Grant writing experience
- Prescribed fire and/or wildfire suppression experience
We encourage any individual that meets 75% or more of requirements to apply.
Work Details and Benefits
Most work will be conducted in the home office until COVID-19 restrictions allow for returning to in-person office work. Due to our commitment to firefighter and public safety, proof of a COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment.
Field operations work schedule: The average work week is 40 hours, but the schedule may vary and will be weather dependent. 10-12 hour days may be required. Projects may require working during weekends and/or up to 14 days continuously. Travel for extended periods of time, stay overnight near project locations, and work outside of normal business hours with little to no notice.
Duty Location: Loveland, CO. Project work will require travel to other locations.
Hourly wage: $23 per hour. Some overtime is expected during prescribed fire events and will be based on operational needs.
The Ember Alliance will provide full PPE (nomex shirts-2, pants-2, line gear and shelter, helmet, ear/eye protection, leather gloves), and first aid kit. These items must be returned to the Ember Alliance upon completion of your employment.
Health Insurance Benefits: Employees are eligible for employer sponsored health coverage, covering up to 80% of the monthly premium (where employee pays 20% of the monthly premium). Insurance becomes effective the 1st of the month after initial hire. In addition to health insurance the Ember Alliance is happy to offer a $50,000 life insurance policy, dental insurance, and vision insurance.
Accrued personal leave: Hours of accrued leave are dependent upon hours worked in a month. Ten hours are accrued at the end of each month if working full time (at 87.5% or more capacity), 7.5 hours are accrued if working 62.5 – 87.4%, and so forth as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
Sick Days: Each employee gets six paid sick days per year.
Family Leave: Employees are eligible for five weeks of paid family leave.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per year, following the Federal holiday model.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.