Digital Project Manager
- San Francisco, CA
The Electron Shop is a rapidly-growing agency singularly focused on becoming the Chief Digital Officer and guiding digital transformation for companies of many sizes and industries. Founded in 2013, the company is guided by two successful agency entrepreneurs and who have worked on major brands together and apart since 1995. The Electron Shop’s number one benefit and requirement is a workplace of smart people, primarily because we think smart people are also funny. And we like to laugh. We don’t have ping-pong tables, foosball or other idle toys; we are very passionate about bringing the power of digital to clients who are under pressure to grow their businesses. Oh, and we don’t allow anyone to be mean. There is a strict no a**hole rule here.
The Electron Shop has an immediate opening for a results-driven Project Manager with a flair for creative thinking, management, and building client and internal relationships. As a “go to” manager of large, multifaceted initiatives, you will lead by example and ensure the timely and accurate delivery of cutting edge consulting and digital projects. Our deliverables are anything to do with Digital Transformation at client organizations. They include technical architecture, customer and prospect database hygiene and analytics, video production, large integrated marketing campaigns, marketing automation system maintenance, analytics, complex web site builds, advertising and more. This is a great opportunity at a privately-held agency; not a big agency grind.
- Show an understanding of the applications of technology and databases for targeted marketing and communications
- Appreciate the need to curate a client experience
- Demonstrate a detail-oriented, professional, and self-directed work style, with a desire for personal and professional growth
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Set priorities and solve problems efficiently
- Appreciate an environment where you are asked to present problem statements and recommended solutions
Act as the program owner and main point of contact for digital transformation initiatives
Be "inside support" to our team of very experienced strategic consultants
Manage a cult of delivery, managing scope, schedule and budget and ensuring quality
Identify schedule issues and find resolutions
Lead weekly status meetings involving all relevant personnel
Foster cross-disciplinary communications at all levels
Create a team environment that fosters collaboration, a venue for input, inclusion, and overall team harmony, motivating team members to produce high-quality work
Effectively balance client and agency needs and priorities
Facilitate effective collaboration between cross-functional team members
Estimate, negotiate and manage project costs
Define project process and workflow
- Manage clients' and internal expectations to make exciting and delightful the experience of bringing strategies and campaigns to life
- Set standards for effective management of project and program budgets
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and economies of scale for both clients and agency
- Identify and mitigate project and program risks
- Provide all necessary communication to team, and track communication for future reference
- Foster collaboration, input, consideration, kindness and inclusion
- Drive cross-disciplinary communications at all levels
- Comfort and proficiency in our toolkit: Asana, Slack, Harvest, Box, Smartsheet
- Hubspot and Marketo experience a plus
- A love of entrepreneurialism and building an organization from scratch, building a culture of excellence and mutual respect.
- 3-5 years of demonstrably significant and successful experience in creating and leading impactful, comprehensive programs that integrate all facets of the digital marketing and communications mix.
- Keen interest in data-driven everything. Data must be at the center of your success and reporting.
- Management capabilities and a strong team orientation
- Excellent all-around communication skills, with a demonstrated flair for creativity and a sense of humor.
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, self-starting and taking ownership
- Track record of being a resourceful problem solver – get things moving and keep them on track. Excruciating attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
Who We Are
- We are located 1 block from Embarcadero BART.
- All our walls are whiteboards. Really.
- We have work from home Mondays. Crazy but true.
- We have a very competitive benefits package.
- We have some of the most talented people in the business.
- Our kitchen is spotless, a sign of mutual respect.
- We talk about our feelings.
- We are joyful and gracious.
- We practice The Four Agreements.
- We don't use jargon; we speak like people.