Human Resources Manager
- Leesburg, VA
The Building People is a recognized leader in real estate and facilities services. Our global organization delivers total lifecycle solutions for clients that integrate technology, buildings, and people to solve today’s complex challenges for building owners, occupiers and stakeholders. We empower our clients to maximize the workplace experience and reduce costs without sacrificing quality and reliability. Our strategy leads clients towards the future of facilities through a connected real estate model that propagates new norms to deliver organizational efficiency, sustainability, and savings.
The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Manager will work closely with the CEO and is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals. This position will work remotely with periodic local meetings required. The position is hourly, no benefits, working approximately 20 hours per week and potentially more at peak times. There is a possibility of full-time work as we grow, and standard company benefits will apply.
- Working closely with CEO, directors and managers to recruit and staff open positions.
- Managing employee onboarding to include benefits and any subsequent training.
- Managing and implementing policy development and documentation.
- Networking with local businesses and community relations.
- Managing the benefits administration for cost-effective options and cost-savings for employee-oriented benefits.
- Working closely with local brokers and vendors.
- Being the backup for payroll and leave administration.
- Leading the company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
- Directing the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approving all information submitted with the CEO. Serves as the primary contact with outside government agencies.
- Protecting the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations--minimizing risk.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or comparable area.
- A minimum of five years of progressive human resources leadership experience
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, and employee engagement and development.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent independent judgment and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and give guidance to the executive management team.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment to include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
May be fulltime with benefits or part-time without benefits. Will be based on needs.
Competitive benefits to include: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Long-Term Disability insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and a 401K Retirement plan.
Clearance may be Required. Due to the nature of our business, most positions require U.S. citizenship. Federal Government experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.