- Leesburg, VA
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People has an immediate need for a Contracts Administrator/Proposal Manager who will join a growing management team at our corporate headquarters in Leesburg, VA.
The Contracts Administrator/Proposal Manager will handle contract administration for government and commercial clients. This role will require a wide range of skills from Request for Proposal (RFP) review, client negotiations, to setting up projects in a cost accounting system. The position will handle pre-award, award, post-award, and contract close out including some subcontract administration and contract compliance.
Primary duties include:
- Review and check for new business opportunities in platforms such as FBO, eBuy, GovWin and other capture management software.
- Reviewing Terms and Conditions of solicitations, awards, and modifications, and provide recommendations to Program Managers;
- Monitoring contracts for compliance with contract requirements;
- Reviewing, negotiating and administering government and private-sector contract and subcontract agreements;
- Reviewing, negotiating and coordinating Teaming Agreements, and Non- Disclosure Agreements;
- Project Setup, administration, and file maintenance;
- Working closely with Program Managers and C-level executives on proposal compliance and submittals; and contract closeouts processes.
- Drive the business opportunity pipeline by maintaining situational awareness of all tracked opportunities, collaborating with practice lead and practice-area researchers on positioning and business intelligence requirements, and managing a regular pipeline review schedule designed to qualify potential projects from initial identification through final bid/no-bid decision and the initiation of the proposal process.
- Drive the proposal response and content contributors, writers, SMEs and reviewers according to the proposal outline and schedule and ensure that the proposal is compliant, compelling and persuasive in accordance with the solicitation and all referenced documents.
- Review and understand the solicitation documents (draft, final, Q&A, amendments, etc.) and create / develop key proposal artifacts, such as the necessary templates and outlines to assist writers in developing appropriate content and compliant responses.
- Establish and maintain the schedule for development, review, and production based on the submission due date and requirements.
- Ensure all proposal sections / volumes use consistent language and can be read as "one-voice" throughout all submitted documents.
- Lead the oral presentation preparation, both documentation and speakers.
- Lead the proposal kickoff meeting preparation, ensuring that the proposal outline and schedule are distributed, issues are addressed, and writers are assigned
- Incorporate and format written responses into a formal review documents for each level of review.
- Track schedule and progress to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Incorporate win themes and strategies into the appropriate sections of the response.
- Write original text for such activities as executive summaries, company qualifications / capabilities, past performance, resumes and other marketing-related materials.
- Assist the content contributors to write introductory paragraphs that lead evaluators through the relevant sections in a concise manner.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required; MS Project, SharePoint, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is desired. A minimum of 5-8 years of technical service experience with demonstrated ability to write proposal responses and related documentation in response to customer solicitations. Graphically oriented to assist assigned authors, subject matter experts and graphic designers in developing graphics that convey the theme or our solution being proposed and working closely with graphic designers to ensure accuracy of illustrations. Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures and work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision. Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team. Willingness and ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays as needed to complete proposals on schedule and meet tight deadlines with professional results. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage complex workload and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment. Understanding complex concepts and ability to articulate client needs to the proposal team members and internal reviewers. Proficient with the use of the Internet / Intranet as tools to support bid activities. Demonstrated strong customer service focus, extreme attention to detail, with strong interpersonal and communication (written / verbal) skills. Flexibility with accepting conceptual and procedural change. Creative problem solving.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Bachelor's degree in English or other related discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 3 years’ experience writing and editing Federal Government proposals and marketing materials
- Experience writing reports, briefs, and similar content
- Knowledge of the Federal Government’s acquisition process
- Experience using GovWin & FedBizOpps
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on multiple documents
- Highly organized, proactive, and collaborative
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet milestones and deadlines
- Must offer reasonable schedule flexibility to meet proposal requirements
- Proposal graphics experience a plus
May be fulltime with benefits or part-time without benefits. Will be based on needs.
Competitive benefits to include: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Long-Term Disability insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and a 401K Retirement plan.
Clearance may be Required. Due to the nature of our business, most positions require U.S. citizenship. Federal Government experience a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.