Facility Assessor (Interior Construction and Interior Finishes)
- Jacksonville, NC
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People, LLC is seeking engineers, architects, and construction managers to support facility assessment programs for the U.S. military. Responsibilities include:
• Inventory and assess interior construction elements, interior finishes, and interior and exterior stairs.
• Field inspect facilities for 8 to 10 hours a day / 5 days a week.
• Ability to climb stairs, ladders and access roofs, attics, and other building structures.
• Take, organize, and share photos of the assessed facilities.
• Enter data collected into a common data base.
• Travel is expected to account for 50% to 75% of each month with travel extended through weekends.
• A combination of 8+ years of general building construction, facilities maintenance, and planning/estimating related to building foundations, structures, enclosures, and interior construction.
• Ability to identify common building materials, techniques, and structural/architectural systems
• Proficiency in reading drawings and engineering reports
• Experience identifying common problems related to architectural and structural systems.
*A degree in engineering, architecture or construction management is preferred.
*Must be able to acquire a RAPIDGate credential.
Competitive benefits. Exempt position.
Due to the nature of our business, most positions require U.S. citizenship. Federal Government experience a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.