- Washington, DC
Working at the nexus of sustainability and technology, The Building People leverages and translates nationally renown expertise into making the built environment more efficient. Our work ranges from current engagement with federal clients that will effect the largest smart grid every built, to full energy consultation, energy procurement, efficiency management, and full real estate operational and capital spend analysis services for some of the largest commercial portfolios in the country.
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
Responsible for engineering CAD system and its continual operation and upgrade to maintain our competitive position. Candidates will be capable of training other CAD users in the use of the system and have the ability to develop and designs layouts across all mediums (print and digital/electronic) for building and division footprints. Creation of 508 compliant websites and products will also be required.
- Technical degree or equivalent in design drafting.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in most recent releases of AutoCad, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Ability to produce plots and transmit files.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively handle multiple projects and deadlines at once.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- 3-5 years Experience
- Responsible for organization of drawings and documentation control.
- Manage the engineering drawings electronic archive (COMOS/AutoCAD)
- Electronic maintenance of files and categorization.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues.
- Revise CAD drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD drawings using solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology to support facility projects and improvements.
- Paper management of drawing files.
- Produce plots and transmit files.
- Assist Senior CAD staff with deadlines.
- Check drawings for quality assurance.
- Independently maintain accuracy, quality, completeness, and schedule.
- Learn and adhere to company CAD standards and requirements.
This is a full time position. Competitive benefits.
Clearance may be Required. Due to the nature of our business, most positions require U.S. citizenship. Federal Government experience a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.