Marketing Intern (Paid)
- Washington, DC
Working at the nexus of sustainability and technology, The Building People leverages and translates nationally renown expertise into making the built environment more efficient. Our work ranges from current engagement with federal clients that will effect the largest smart grid every built, to full energy consultation, energy procurement, efficiency management, and full real estate operational and capital spend analysis services for some of the largest commercial portfolios in the country.
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People has an immediate need for 1 or more paid interns to help us aggressively expand our social media presence, redesign our marketing materials and public relations process, and generate creative ideas and a passion to help build our company brand. We're looking for candidates who express a passion in our areas of work, and are ready and willing to work and learn alongside our growing team. The position is remote (you can work from home), so a self-starter attitude is a must.
As we may be looking to fill multiple rolls, it's not necessary that your resume or skill sets perfectly all responsibilities listed, but ideally, you'll be passionate and skilled in several of the following areas:
Social Media Presence
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
- Collaborate with marketing and product marketing teammates to support our website design and content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more) in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, or other programs.
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and eye for great design.
- Scope and create templates for our marketing team to be more efficient in their posting on social media, the blog, email, and other channels.
- Manage other design needs such as presentations, signage, and trade show collateral as needed.
- Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
- Create content regularly to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, and creative content).
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers, not just asking for it.
- Very strong work ethic and organizational skills, including examples of academic success
- The ability to carry out complex objectives with limited management oversight.
- An ability to translate marketing strategies into effective, clearly defined deliverables
- Highly developed writing skills, including examples of writing that distil complex business concepts into words that are easily absorbed and understood.
- A deep interest in sustainability, energy efficiency, or renewable energy development.
This is a part-time, hourly position (no benefits), with a monthly workload target of 40 hours. Work will generally be remote (with one mandatory on-site orientation).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.