Project Manager (Senior)
- Quantico, VA
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People, LLC is seeking a Top Secret cleared Project Manager for a facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency at Quantico, VA. The Senior-Level Project Manager will support Agency related activities including managing and leading a staff responsible for individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery. This is full time position working at Quantico, VA.
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, cash flow, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis; leads evaluation interviews, recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of projects & project management within the context of business results (business case, larger economic implications, business risk, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Manages project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team).
- Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
- Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
- Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, organizational policies and business practices to achieve general results. Responsible for setting department deadlines.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or LEED Accredited Professional certification.
Top Secret Clearance Required.
Federal Government experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.