- Quantico, VA
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People, LLC is seeking several Top Secret cleared Project Managers for a facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency at Quantico, VA. The Mid-Level Project Manager will support Agency related activities including assisting the client with oversight and overall management of their assigned projects. This is full time position working at Quantico, VA.
Functional responsibilities will be that of a Project Manager with a broad-based knowledge of lease activity, construction trades, and facility maintenance including:
- Attend regular and special project meetings as required at the project site or nearby offices in person, on conference calls or video teleconferences.
- Create and update project reports and communications on regular schedules and as needed to support special requests. Reports/communications will include all project information related to scope, schedule, budget, issues, and other relevant information. Reports/communications may include charts and pictures.
- Create, set-up and maintain a project filing, record keeping and documentation system. Update the various Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) that may be used on each project to include client and other government systems.
- Provide overall project management functions to include monitoring and controlling the project and communicating across all project stakeholders, initiating the project, planning the project, executing the project and closing the project.
- During the Acquisition Phase, provide assistance to the government contracting officer with contract procurement, answering bid or request for proposal (RFP) questions, attending/participating in site visits (or market surveys), attending/participating in pre-bid conferences, preparing/issuing solicitation amendments for review and approval by the contracting officer and performing cost/bid/proposal analysis.
- During the Design Phase, provide design technical reviews, code compliance reviews, constructability reviews, analysis of value engineering proposals, preparation of cost estimates, cost analysis, cost control and cost monitoring, site investigations and site surveys, scheduling, review of design scope changes, leading/attending design review meetings, performing market studies and assisting client offices with phasing and move planning as needed to support the project.
- During the Construction Phase, manage, monitor and recommend approval/disapproval of project submittals, review and monitor project tasks and schedules for progress with emphasis on milestone completions, lead or assist in problem resolution to include developing the Government’s position, maintain marked up sets of plans and current drawings and specifications, perform routine inspections of construction as the work progresses, identifying work that does not conform to contract requirements and taking action to notify appropriate personnel/contractors in order to correct the shortfalls, compiling lists of defects and omissions, monitoring project financial data and budgets, monitoring and controlling project change orders by developing proposal requests, preparing cost estimates, reviewing cost proposals, assisting in negotiations and preparing change order packages, leading and conducting regular progress meetings to review progress, cost and schedule and resolve issues. Document each meeting through notes and minutes, coordinate construction activities with FBI managers and personnel, monitoring of hazardous material abatement work, assist the contracting office with preparation of progress payments, oversee and monitor the range of commissioning services for the project.
- During the Project Close Out Phase, perform post occupancy evaluations, assist with preparing lessons learned, close out all accounting and financial accounts, assist with developing and implementing move-in and move-out plans, provide move coordination and relocation assistance, provide coordination and oversight of client installed systems and equipment such as furniture, phones, cabling, IT systems, locks and alarms, file and archive all project information such as documents, specifications, drawings and other types of information, assist with transitioning the project over to the office responsible for the long term management of the space.
- The duties and tasks involved in this position may require some physical exertion, such as bending and twisting, climbing, pulling, pushing, carrying, crawling into tight space or other effort. The position may include some outdoors time for construction surveying, inspection or related work. The main duties and tasks involved in these jobs are usually performed sedentary in indoor environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from NAAB accredited university.
- Registration as a licensed Architect.
- Proficient in AutoCADD, Revit or similar 3-D drafting program.
- Relevant experience in architectural aspects of design and construction phases.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in commercial construction development is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools required.
- Must be knowledgeable of construction disciplines, to include civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering and information technology principles.
- Broad-based understanding of project management with strong planning, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain overview of entire project while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Capable of independent decision making, possess a high degree of individual initiative, and can function with no supervision.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of US Government Secured Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) construction.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with strong leadership, project management, team building and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership and team management.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification.
Top Secret Clearance Required.
Federal Government experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.