Construction Project Manager
- Quantico, VA
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People, LLC is seeking several Top Secret cleared Construction Project Managers for a facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency at Quantico, VA. The Senior-Level Construction Project Manager will support Agency related construction, design/build, and architecture and engineering, space management, facilities management, real estate, and leasing of large and complex construction projects involving multiple areas. This is full time position working at Quantico, VA.
- As required, provides on-site construction management oversight during mobilization, site preparation, construction, fit-out, commissioning and occupancy.
- Provides the leadership, oversight, and overall responsibility for the timeliness, completeness, and quality of multiple construction projects.
- Interfaces with clients to define requirements.
- Provides general oversight of many of the duties and tasks that must be accomplished in the construction and renovation of government real property.
- Able to manage a large multi-faceted project.
- Manages the Project Management Team by maintaining a coordinating relationship with the government agency, its clients, as well as, with the architect-engineers, construction contractors and other contractors supporting the government. When required, delegates tasks and provides technical assistance to the team to include subordinate Project Managers-Mid Level or Assistant Construction Project Managers.
Responsible for quality of work products and timeliness of delivery by those team members.
- Provides deep understanding and knowledge of each phase of the construction process, including architectural design and creations of development documents by architects and engineers. Communicates with project team, architects, clients, vendors of the products they are using, and subordinate staff.
- Oversees projects, including tracking metrics and updating logs, leads meetings, user needs and schedule are met.
- Prepares documentation such as the scope of work, technical reviews, and miscellaneous reports.
- Develops charters, acts as a Change Agent Manager, responsible for accountability of project, defines roles and responsibilities, performs project tracking, adopts project management best practices, promotes customer involvement, applies lessons learned from recent projects, promotes good working relationships, enforces effective change control, developing contingency planning and providing recommended solutions, exemplifies project management development and manages project priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, engineering, architecture or other related field.
- Professional certifications required which may include Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP), Professional Engineer (PE), American Institute of Architects (AIA), Registered Architect (RA), etc.
- 15 years of experience managing multi-faceted projects.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Superior communication and organization development skills.
- Experience in managing people. Have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross- functional teams.
- Expert in Microsoft Office and industry/project software packages to include but not be limited to latest versions of (PM Prolog, Newforma, Microsoft Project, Primavera, RS Means, Buzz saw or other cloud based construction management protocols, etc.).
Top Secret Clearance Required.
Federal Government experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.