Project Manager (Junior)
- Quantico, VA
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People, LLC is seeking a Top Secret cleared Project Manager for a facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency at Quantico, VA. The Entry-Level Construction Project Manager will support Agency related activities including assist/lead individual multi-disciplined real estate design and construction project solutions of varying complexity for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery
- Assists/manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, communications, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Read, understand and apply standard documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements.
- Prepares / reviews project documents including scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimates & budgets, work plan schedules & milestones, communications & reports quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists; Conducts simple request for proposals; completes bid analysis with management support.
- Recommends resources to clients.
- Assists / leads project delivery resources/team (i.e. internal service providers) providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with organization and client requirements.
- Ensures project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines.
- Reports status and variances.
- Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders.
- Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk with management support.
- Implements standard risk management routines with management support, to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for tracking performance and motivating team members.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University and/or equivalent related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions.
- Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to monitor construction costs against established budget.
- Demonstrated capability to read, understand, and apply standard project documents, including but not limited to: agreements / contracts, budgets, schedules, work letters, project surveys, and drawings.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Working knowledge in MS Project is helpful.
- Knowledge of leases, contracts, and construction practices preferred.
- Knowledge of construction contracts, means, and methods is preferred.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and organizational policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to client organization.
- Prior Project Management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- LEED Acredited Professional certification.
Top Secret Clearance Required.
Federal Government experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.