- Quantico, VA
At The Building People, we pride ourselves in having over 20 years of experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions that are needed for both building owners and their customers. We are uniquely positioned to enable end users and clients to optimize portfolios, and maximize technology while changing the tenant experience.
The Building People, LLC is seeking a Top Secret cleared Project Scheduler for a facilities engineering program to support a federal Agency at Quantico, VA. The Project Scheduler will support Agency related construction, design/build, and architecture and engineering projects involving the multiple area. This is full time position working at Quantico, VA.
- Understanding of all phases in construction projects.
- Developing and maintain schedules and integrated master schedules.
- Developing project management plans.
- Developing Work Breakdown Structure and activity coding.
- Developing and/or incorporate schedule information from vendors (design, IT/AV, FF&E, security, move management, etc.) with general contractor schedule and master program schedule.
- Providing detailed analysis of project schedules, from project inception, through the design phases to construction kickoff and completion.
- Monitoring project progress and provide weekly status updates.
- Creating schedule fragments for change or what-if scenarios.
- Providing impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team.
- Utilizing schedule reporting and analysis features such as Claim Digger and time-distributed reports.
- Coordinating meetings and briefings.
- Organizing and maintaining data in clear accurate formats.
- Preparing various planning documents/milestones including cost and execution milestones, construction schedules, furniture acquisition, alternative work space design and construction, and change order management.
- Assisting team in gathering information and answering questions.
- Monitoring schedule deviations and variances and assist in developing corrective actions.
- Performing time impact analysis, and track changes that affect the schedule.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
- 10 years scheduling experience in building construction projects.
- Must possess working knowledge of Construction processes in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Must be proficient in latest versions of construction project software including but not limited to the latest versions of Primavera, Microsoft Project or Suretrak.
- Knowledge of construction project process and other facilities management functional areas.
- Excellent communication (verbal or writing) skills.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks.
- Expert in scheduling, critical path analysis, earned value management, and using scheduling software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 for managing tasks, collaboration, managing timelines, measuring progress, and generating reports.
- Experience producing and managing a resource/cost loaded schedule for the life cycle of a construction project from concept to engineering/design, to procurement and construction.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications of MS Outlook, Word, Access, and PowerPoint, and is skilled at performing data evaluation, formulas and metrics in Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem solving acumen in the area of scheduling.
- Government construction project experience preferred.
- Having an understanding of policies, methods, and procedures that includes advanced Planning and Scheduling techniques, Risk Analysis, Risk Management, and support of project objectives.
- Ability to work independently and interact professionally with Project Managers, team leaders, subcontractors and the Government Customers.
Prior experience working with federal Agencies, including Quantico, VA, on facility engineering projects.
Top Secret Clearance Required.
Federal Government experience a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.