Executive Administrative Assistant
- Washington, DC
We are an innovative corporate real estate and facilities management organization that prides itself on our experience operating, maintaining, and providing service and space solutions to building owners and their customers. Our leadership team includes nationally recognized professionals in the real estate management, facilities, and technology sectors. We understand corporate real estate teams face relentless pressure to reduce costs and mitigate risk, while meeting mandates to continually add greater value, and support corporate goals for sustainability, productivity and growth. Our solutions help to ensure they exceed their goals.
The Building People is searching for an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide administrative office support to ensure that the Department of Energy (DOE) can operate in an efficient effective manner. Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for managing and assisting the daily schedules of the Director, Deputy Director, and senior staff (as assigned); ensuring the assembly and availability of all necessary information about next days scheduled events; and coordinating any last minute changes and/or modifications based on their workloads, priorities and discretion.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of background material for testimonies, meetings, and conferences that directly involve other senior officials. Ensures that the necessary staff interaction is occurring on schedule and that required material is completed, consolidated, and presented in an appropriate manner. Participates in preparation and coordination efforts, with appropriate staff regarding the organization of meetings and conferences, and ensures that all materials and equipment are arranged.
- Provide timely and responsive support of phone calls, take and deliver phone messages. Greet and escort visitors as needed.
- Document meeting and conference call minutes. Manages the Director, Deputy Director, and senior staff.
- Assists in ensuring Director, Deputy Director, and senior staff conference attendance and costs are reported in the DOE Conference Tool and proper approval is obtained before costs are incurred.
- Organizes and prioritizes speaking requests for the Director, Deputy Director, and senior staff. Presents all such requests in a timely manner and implements their decisions.
- Responsible for managing confidential information ensuring that sensitive, controversial, and confidential information is treated and disseminated in the proper manner.
- Assists in reviewing communications requiring signature of Director, Deputy Director, and senior staff (as assigned) for transmittal within DOE and to other agencies, Congress, private industry, and other organizations to assure that the substantive policy program issues involved are presented fully and correctly. Checks that documents meet good standards for readability, logic, flow, and have been properly coordinated through approved concurrence chains.
- Keeps senior staff calendars. Sets up appointments, accepts or declines invitations to meetings or speaking engagements upon approval. Assists in providing day-to-day operational oversight and management of the immediate office. Monitors procedures and policies for correspondence, official files and record disposition, scheduling, protocols, and briefings and presentations.
- Contacts staff or other officials scheduled for travel or participating events and coordinates itineraries to adjust travel conflicts and accommodate meeting constraints.
- Ensures daily that senior staff has the necessary information for each meeting and all the information about the next day’s schedule, commitments, and prepares/distributes agendas, itineraries, background information and materials for senior staff.
- Supports general office administration, including but not limited to: word processing; PowerPoint presentations; meeting scheduling, planning, attendance, and note taking; graphics; preparing documents; desktop publishing; editing; filing; answering phone inquiries; retrieving and delivering mail; generating EERE Customer Service Center (CSC) and Energy Information Technology Services (EITS) requests; stocking the Office supply cabinet and coordinating with the DOE supply store for special office supply requests; obtaining call-in numbers and conference rooms for meetings.
- Maintains the Office distribution lists in Outlook and the calendar for conference rooms. Accepts or declines Conference Room invitations.
- Aids Office staff with foreign visitor requests, foreign travel arrangements and time and attendance entry.
- Provides quick turn-around interoffice services including, but not limited to, photocopying, scanning, faxing and printing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration or Management, and Fourteen or more years of experience.
- Requires technical computer skills, the ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation development software.
- Experience drafting written responses applying knowledge of political sensitivities, good judgment, and tact while incorporating knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation.
Ongoing opening. Recruiting as position becomes open.
Due to the nature of our business, most positions require U.S. citizenship. Federal Government experience a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.