Mgr., Consumer Insights
- Florham Park, NJ, USA
- Shift: 1
The Bountiful Company, a Nestlé Health Science Company, is a pure play branded leader in global nutrition, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbal and other specialty supplements, and active nutrition products, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The Bountiful Company’s portfolio of trusted brands includes Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager, Consumer Insights, is responsible for influencing the organization through their leadership and strong knowledge of the consumer. This individual must demonstrate a strong understanding of market research techniques and how to connect them to the business objectives and be a proactive business partner, category and consumer expert, delivering the “so what” from our consumer learning. Must have a strong voice and strong POV to advocate for the consumer and effectively influence decisions. They will oversee consumer insight planning and recommendations, strategic positioning and innovation. Must have a strong Consumer Insight background tied to business results with a passion for brands. This position can be in NY or NJ.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate leadership through collaboration and strategic influencing.
- Oversee consumer learning across a variety of sources to tell the story and influence the decisions made as result of applied experience and consumer partnership.
- Design research projects against business objectives and answer key questions.
- Act as an advocate for the consumer by integrating consumer knowledge into all decision making; express a compelling point of view to be confidently championed and conveyed to the team and the organization.
- Build strong internal and external relationships; collaborating with other members of the Consumer Insights team as well as other key functions inclusive of, but not limited to: Brand Marketing, Sales, Category Management, Digital Marketing, Product Development and our agency partners.
- Manage respective category budgets: opening PO’s, overseeing accruals and ensuring timely payment with finance; challenging and prioritizing allocation to best meet the needs for the brand/franchise.
- 5+ years of relevant consumer research experience, strong preference for client-side or custom supplier-side experience.
- Consumer packaged goods industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in market research methods and trends based work, including a demonstrated ability to translate information and data into a compelling story with actionable insights and recommendations that impact business decisions.
- Strong knowledge of consumer insights across a broad array of methodologies with demonstrated ability to translate research findings, information and data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Strong understanding of categories, brands and portfolios.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Strategic thinking including capabilities to assess current situation, draw conclusions and envision future business opportunities.
- Strong business partner that can influence cross functional teams and management. Motivated by success of their brands.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple projects across multiple brand teams.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and confidence in expressing a clear point of view. Ability to handle difficult conversations, so that the result positively impacts the business decisions.
- Identify business influencing trends and implications for their category.
- Limited travel; majority within the NY/NJ metro area.