Chemist I (I)
- Leonia, NJ
- Shift: 1
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Chemist applies knowledge and skills to perform diverse and complex laboratory procedures and /or specialized technical, administrative services requiring application of equivalent technical knowledge in a quality control laboratory. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine raw material and sample testing
- Processes samples for chemical analyses
- This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus.
- Prepares specialized solutions / suspensions such as mobile phases or media to perform essential laboratory procedures (for USP testing procedures)
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and prepares data for evaluation
- Reports results of assignments, maintains and performs related record keeping of instruments performance and repairs on a lab notebook
- Maintains, calibrates, validates, monitors and troubleshoots laboratory instruments
- Participates in designing and conducting investigational studies of atypical results
- May either handle hazardous waste or supervise individuals who handle hazardous waste
- Preference for ICP-MS experience
- Openness to learn new instruments methods and positions
- 2+ years analytical laboratory experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or a related science field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Technical skills handling laboratory equipment
- ICP-MS experience
- Technical skills: USP wet Chemistry techniques such as pH, titrations and UV testing
- LC (waters Software), GC and ICP experience