Analyst, Quality Certification (I)
- 110 Orville Dr, Bohemia, NY
- Employees can work remotely
- Shift: 1
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Certification Analyst is responsible for managing individual certification programs for all of The Bounttiful Company’s third party verification partners, including KOF-K Kosher certification, IFANCA Halal certification, GFCO (Gluten-Free Certification Organization, NSF, QAI Organic certification, USP, and CVS TTBT [Tested to Be Trusted]. He/she will be well versed on each individual certification program requirements and must be comfortable carrying out responsibilities both as a leader and member of cross functional teams.
The position will also have responsibility for participating in the review and assessment of new global quality certification processes/standards and ensuring that The Nature’s Bounty Company is compliant with all applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect, analyze and report monthly/quarterly KPI’s and metrics for certification programs
- Create, manage, and distribute quality analysis reports and presentations as required for various certification programs
- Fully understand the requirements of each certification program and serve as lead contact between The Nature’s Bounty Co. and the individual third party certifying agencies
- Create new processes/procedures or modify and improve current SOPs to ensure certification compliance
- Review product formulations, quality specs, raw material documents and other supporting documentation to ensure that all are in line with certification programs requirements
- Gather and provide applicable information to each individual certifying agency for raw material changes, formulation changes and new products introduced for verification of each individual program requirement
- Maintain document control systems to keep all certifications current (as each certification has expiration dates and must be renewed to maintain current active status)
- Work with cross- functional teams to identify areas for improvement, and tracking implementation of all product changes
- Monitor and track action plans for any products in question of losing certification(s)
- Subject matter expert on current certifying body requirements for all individual certification programs
- Maintain database of information and provide to certifying bodies as requested and required
- Maintain certification agreements and annuals costs
- Participate in projects that may impact the quality organization over multiple facilities and cross-functional teams
- Other duties may be assigned as required or needed by the department
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience working in manufacturing and/or regulatory environments
- Knowledge of third party certification programs rules, regulations and requirements to maintain certification
- Working knowledge of cGMP for foods and/or dietary supplements
- Working knowledge of Quality (QA/QC) in a dietary supplement manufacturing environment
- Experience in developing trend analysis, reports, and data mining
- Experience creating and presenting PowerPoint decks
- Experience revising and creating new process/procedures in a regulated industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other science related field preferred. More extensive experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- ASQ (American Society for Quality) Certified Quality Engineer (preferred)
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results on-time.
Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, etc.).
Familiarity with manufacturing systems and processes (preferred)
Strong project management skills (preferred)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to think critically and influence others
Understanding of and ability to interpret regulations and certification standards for supplements and foods and effectively apply them to the implementation and/or enhancement of programs and quality systems
Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
AS400 Knowledge desirable (preferred)
Knowledge of regulatory and GXP compliance requirements such as 21 CFR Part 111, 117, HACCP, FSMA (preferred)
Strong communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of management
Ability to prepare progress and trend reports.
Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
Expected high performance behaviors:
Exhibit positive attitude regarding work and responsibilities
Ability to work collaboratively within teams
Ability to maintain effectiveness during major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures
Continuously look for ways to do things faster and better, while maintaining high quality standards
Is creative and intellectually curious; tries different and novel ways to solve obstacles
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.