Category Manager - PP
- 4320 Veteran Memorial Highway, Holbrook, NY
- Shift: 1
The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Category Manager for Puritan’s Pride® (PP), a Direct-to-consumer brand, will develop and execute category plans with P&L responsibility for multiple categories and sales platforms. The Manager is responsible for integrating customer, supplier, on-line strategies and business needs to provide a holistic perspective and develop profitable business building plans that stimulate growth for this channel.
- Collaborating closely with merchandising peers and the Marketing team to develop the optimal product mix recommendations for all of the direct to consumer platforms.
- Conducting category reviews.
- Setting the overall direction for assortment optimization, advertising and promotions, new item introductions and new business opportunities.
- Managing an assigned set of categories and related product SKUS (~7-10 categories).
- Providing sales performance management, inclusive of daily category performance management, monthly sales performance and inventory review, annual category deep dives, assortment refinement and inventory management for all promotions.
- Partnering with Business Intelligence (BI) for analysis on basket, consumer purchase behavior and trends.
- Financial planning, including annual category budgeting.
- Managing product sourcing and external supplier relationship management for all third party brands, inclusive of product procurement, cost negotiation, pricing and marketing collateral and development.
- Partnering with the Supply Chain team to optimize warehouse fulfillment through category & item forecasting.
- Working with Supply Chain to manage stock positions on all items, and partner on promotional needs.
- Driving new item introduction by partnering with Franchise Team to create, test and expand new products as well as marketing planning and promotions for all new items.
- Working with our Pricing Director to conduct regular pricing benchmarking and analysis to set prices that maximize sales and profit margins, and monitor daily gross profit fluctuations and trends.
- Supporting all marketing and operational initiatives.
- Setting marketing promotion direction to drive sales, increase conversion and customer acquisition rates.
- Site-wide promotion management, channel specific promotion management at a category level, and website promotion configuration.
- Working closely with the internal Consumer Insights team to provide market insights and assortment direction to improve the customer experience, and proper categorization by completing store checks, competitive site checks and trade shows.
- Partnering with the Catalog team on adding new items, pricing, content, promotional opportunities and proofing.
- Selecting items and set pricing for FSI, postcards and mini catalogs.
- Collaborating with Web Operations on SEO and SEM to analyze and identify ways optimize categories and products.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of e-commerce experience
- Professional work experience within consumer packaged goods (CPG) product management
- Direct-to-consumer business experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in Marketing, Sales, or equivalent professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Expertise in category management processes and implementation
- Proven track record in a matrix based environment and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong leadership, communication, sales, e-commerce and negotiation skills
- Financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication and research skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous colleague discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-200-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.