Manufacturing Quality Analyst (I)
- 6735 Inter-cal Way, Prescott, AZ
- Shift: 1
The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Quality Analyst is responsible for managing the document review group by creating, managing, and distributing quality analysis reports and making recommendations to improve the production process based on findings from quality assurance analysis of the quality management systems.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the compliance of processes and associated records to company standard operating procedure requirements
- Report findings to Quality Manager and assist in problem solving
- Develop CAPA plans and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Manage on-time closure of assigned deviations and CAPA’s
- Document results of new procedures after implementation to show quality improvements
- Write and implement test procedures to obtain the defect information needed for analysis and report findings from test and inspection data to management
- Analyze quality inspection data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Analyze plant controllable consumer complaint data to identify all types of quality problems and perform root cause analysis
- Initiate investigations and support deviation documentation process utilizing the company’s electronic database system
- Assist in collecting and reporting weekly and monthly Quality reports, e.g., First Pass Quality, Complaints, NCR, Deviations, and others as assigned
- Participate in employee quality improvement teams to reduce defects and quality issues
- Monitor the improvement procedure to determine if changes significantly improve the process and the defect quantities
- Maintain documents for Audits.
- Create new processes or modify and improve current processes by setting up clear and definite quality systems and SOPs
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines and interface closely with our Operations, Distribution, Technical Services, R&D and Procurement teams
- Participate in multi-function team activities, support and maintain Quality Systems and perform other assignments as directed by Manager
- 2+ years of experience in the food, pharmaceutical and or dietary supplement industry preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements that affect the dietary supplement and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmaceutical, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Science related field preferred or other closely related discipline with extensive significant experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- ASQ CQE or CQM preferred
- Must be proficient with PC programs, i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Problem solving and statistical skills using quality tools (Pareto analysis, statistical process control, multi-variant DOE, 8D, etc.)
- AS400 Knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of regulatory and GXP compliance requirements such as 21 CFR Part 111, HACCP, HARPC preferred
- SQF practitioner / FSSC/ BRC / ISO experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written across all levels of management
- Solid attention to detail to maintain audit records and audit reports
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.