Mgr., Shift (I)
- 815 Grundy Ave, Holbrook, NY
- Shift: 5
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The weekend Packaging Shift Manager is a critical role within our Supply Chain organization. Responsible for the operations of the Packaging lines across the weekend shift, this Manager provides a high level of accountability, visibility, and opportunity to directly influence plant results. It is the role with the primary responsibility for the management of high quality operations, building of management team capability, and creation and sustainment of a high performance culture across the shift. This is a great opportunity for future career growth within the operations functions in Supply Chain, as well as within other important functions, such as Quality, Distribution, and Integrated Planning.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A WEEKEND SCHEDULE - 6AM - 6PM / FRIDAY - SUNDAY
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of high quality operations
- Building of management team capability
- Creation and sustainment of a high performance culture across the respective group of lines.
- Collaborate across all packaging departments, and across all functions to ensure safe, effective plant operations
- Directly managing Team Leaders across all shifts who lead the operating teams
- Achieving of all Key Performance Indicators on the Plant Scorecard
- Provide personal, hands-on coaching of Department team members and operating floor associates in the principles of high performing work systems and hold all levels accountability for implementing and maintaining them
- Foster a culture that develops a high degree of ownership from all team members, an environment of trust and openness, and a culture that delivers consistently superior results
- Provide leadership and guidance for Daily Management systems to ensure high levels of quality, problem identification and resolution, productivity, and associate involvement and ownership, including: Daily Direction Setting meetings, Team meetings and operating review, Visual management and online reporting
- Identify issues affecting efficiencies and assists in developing solutions
- 3+ years of management experience in a high-speed consumer products packaging environment
- 3-5 years of leadership experience managing large teams
- Bachelor’s Degree within any Engineering discipline or Sciences (i.e. Biology or Chemistry) and/or military experience
- Strong Safety and Quality experience and focus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate a vision effectively and to enroll others in that vision
- Knowledge and proven ability to implement high performing organizations
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop skills of others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to help associates take ownership for the business
- Strong working knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices such as TPM, OEE and the ability to utilize these tools to create and operate a high performing organization
- Proficient with programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and ERP applications
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.