Team Member, Packaging (D)
- San Antonio, TX
- Shift: 1
The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manufacturing Team Member will perform a variety of tasks within the department related to the handling, packaging, documentation, and changeover/set up of products while adhering to 100% quality assurance. Operates manufacturing equipment in a high-volume production environment, such as bagger, mogul, packaging machines. Team Members are also responsible for performing machine set-ups, tool changes, and routine checks on manufacturing equipment, and visual quality checks.
Must operate various manufacturing equipment (bagger, mogul, scales, packaging equipment, etc.) in a mass/high volume production environment.
- Follow operating procedures to conduct changeovers safely and within standard time.
- Manipulate small parts and gauges to adjust equipment parameters according to product being manufactured.
- Perform machine set-ups, tool changes as necessary and routine machine checks.
- Conduct quality checks to ensure product meets dimensional and appearance requirements.
- Accurately and legibly document information with daily production, downtime tracking, etc.
- Enable, participate and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Engage in Daily Shift End meeting using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Calculate figures and amounts using whole numbers and decimals.
- Knowledge of basic machining and have ability to apply concepts.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures and policies. Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through the use of 5S visuals management tools and standards; responsible for proper waste disposal. Perform all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) meeting required production standards.
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment. Follow escalation process standard work and assist team in “Why Why” Problem Solving Analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills
- Experience in high volume manufacturing or nutritional supplement in the food industry preferred
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent experience required
- Strong level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision once assignments or responsibilities are outlined and delegated.
- Display a strong sense of ownership for work.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Communication - Communicates effectively with others using both oral and written communication skills.
- Organized and Timely - Uses organization and good time management skills.
- Ensures tasks are completed within set deadlines.
- Team Player - Consistently acts as a member of the team.
- Will work near and around moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to see alpha/numbers on computer screen/ paper work
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- Must be able to pull, squat, kneel, climb and/or balance
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.