Supervisor, Operations (i)
- 4266 Dividend Road, San Antonio, TX
- Shift: 3
The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Operations Team Leader has responsibility for leading the operations at our San Antonio Gummy Plant, including manufacturing and warehousing. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 3RD SHIFT ROLE.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads/manages a group of colleagues to produce high quality product on time and at high levels of efficiency
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance and direction to ensure safe, efficient operations
- Creating a culture within Operations of high performing teams
- Manages the area of responsibility to ensure Manufacturing, or Warehousing objectives are achieved
- Ensures compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and cGMP guidelines
- CGMP/Documentation: Performs all functions according to Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Leads and directs the workforce in problem identification, problem solving and implementing continuous improvement measures
- Manages overall performance (adherence to standard work, attendance, safety, code of conduct, etc.) of assigned shift to achieve expected standards in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity and Cost
- Communicates Operations Excellence (OE) principles to associates to improve their understanding and execution
- Conducts performance appraisals, both formal and informal and helps Associate’s develop improvement plans
- Responsible in driving the creation and improvement of standardized work
- Makes departmental decisions around waiving or deviating established procedures, taking into account any and all safety, environmental, or operational protocols and requirements
- Ensures escalation process standard work is followed and teams are engaging in Why-Why Problem Solving Activities
- Ensures all associates receive proper training, such as GMP, SOP, Safety, and Operations. Communicates company objectives to associates
- Monitor associate performance and provide coaching and training as required
- Ensures teams maintain a clean orderly work area through use of 5S visuals management tools and standards
- Adheres to Health, Safety and Environmental policies. Identifies and reports unsafe conditions and behaviors and takes individual accountability addressing corrective actions
- Enables, participates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Participates in Site Focused Improvement events
- Minimum 5+ years experience within the food manufacturing industry
- GMP experience
- Expertise with regards to development and management of KPI's
- Experience operating in a Continuous Improvement environment, utilizing CI tools
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Bachelor's Degree Highly Preferred. Commensurate experience or equivalent military experience will be considered
- Strong Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement experience
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Basic mathematical skills
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
- Solid PC skills, preferably in the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and MRP systems required
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.