Team Leader, Warehouse (i)
- 815 Grundy Ave, Holbrook, NY
- Shift: 3
The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
If you are driven to build teams, share your drive for excellence and innovative spirit, and focused on results, The Bountiful Company is where you want to be! We are building an organization of passionate people committed to the health and wellness of our customers and to the success of our culture and company. This Warehouse Leader is a critical role within our Packaging Plant, responsible for leading/driving productivity and warehousing within our team.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN OVERNIGHT SCHEDULE - WORK DAYS: WEDNESDAY-SUNDAY - HOURS: 11PM-7:30AM
- Works with management to improve work flow, identify issues effecting efficiencies and assist in developing solutions
- Replenishment of a large number of finished goods picking locations
- Reduces waste in time, effort and materials
- Promote a high performance work culture through servant leadership
- Maintains and enhances productivity reporting and key performance indicators
- Ensures the receipt of finished goods, components, etc. are entered and checked in the system correctly
- Supervises and verifies all outgoing shipments as being correct by maintaining the complete adherence to required shipping schedules
- Maintains the working order of the motorized equipment in the warehouse to include approval of repairs for said equipment
- Trains, evaluates and certifies all associates on all motorized material handling equipment
- Operates a forklift to assist in loading, unloading or moving materials and products, if needed
- Monitors productivity and motivates associates in maintaining quality and efficiency throughout the department
- Trains and ensures that all associates adhere to the safety rules, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect for the department
- Keeps accurate attendance records; file proper reports (accident, probation, etc…)
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience as a Warehouse or Production leader (or equivalent role) in a high-speed consumer products packaging environment, with successful assignments in Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Formulation and/or other technically oriented areas and/or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline
- Military experience a plus
- Proven computer skills to including MS Office & Warehouse Management Systems
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, positively influence team members, and provide strong leadership and coaching to operating teams in a production/warehouse environment
- Experience operation of various material handling equipment including high reach and Very Narrow Aisle wire guided equipment a plus
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
The Bountiful Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Bountiful Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.