Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
- 2700 Horizon Dr, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
About the organization:
Looking to build a career in nonprofit? Join AFTD, the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common dementia under 60, known as FTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future. Empowering thousands of donors each year to make a difference in the lives of others is key to every aspect of our mission. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. By applying for this essential role, you can take the next step in your career, and make a difference for others.
About the Job:
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for engaging volunteers across the United States in AFTD’s mission and assisting each person to have a positive experience and create meaningful impact. They are essential to the entire volunteer management cycle including recruitment, orientation/onboarding, training, support, retention, and recognition. They will work collaboratively with the Volunteer Services Manager and staff in all departments to develop and implement an array of face to face and virtual volunteer opportunities that respond to organization and community needs. They will handle all administrative aspects of the volunteer experience, maintaining accurate information on each volunteer, tracking activities and reporting. The Volunteer Coordinator will have extensive interaction with all aspects of AFTD’s community, including care partners, persons living with FTD, staff and healthcare professionals.
Essential Job Functions
- Volunteer Engagement – Interview new volunteers and match them with specific activities of interest, track activity level and satisfaction. Maintain regular communication; ensure volunteers follow established processes and procedures. Work closely with AFTD staff in each department who lead activities and supervise the volunteers. Coordinate and support volunteer awareness activities in assigned area. Promote expansion of opportunities for awareness activities in volunteer communities nationwide.
- Relationship Building: Develop and maintain effective supportive relationships with volunteers; provide communication and engagement throughout each volunteer’s tenure. Work with volunteers to identify new ways to stay involved as their interests or availability change. Contribute to opportunities for volunteers to grow in leadership within the organization. Assist with planning annual Volunteer Leadership Summit and volunteer recognition activities. Attend regional events to represent AFTD.
- Database Maintenance and Support: Maintain volunteer information in AFTD’s database to include comprehensive listing of all volunteers, location, and interests; utilize the database for centralized reporting on volunteer status, training and activity; contribute to development of scalable automated processes to ensure ease of tracking as the volunteer network grows.
Other Job Functions
- Collaborate with Events department and support volunteer engagement in annual fundraising campaigns.
- Contribute to AFTD publications and materials for volunteer program promotion and recruitment
- Travel overnight (anticipated 3-4 trips a year) throughout the continental US.
- Occasional evening or weekend work to accommodate volunteer schedules.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities
Requirements for the Job:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent experience may also be considered.
- 1-2 years of non-profit experience working with volunteers and/or personal experience as a volunteer
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required, MS Teams and database experience a plus
- Curious, compassionate, and eager to learn
- Keen ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with others
- Interpersonal savvy and a strong customer service focus
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
AFTD offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. This is a hybrid position, with the option to work remotely up to 3 days per week.
AFTD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) guidelines.
If you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume.